14 days and counting, Gene Beane cystectomy,

16 years 6 months ago #7843 by cathy
Hi Ginger, My dad has his pre op this Thursday the 6th, not sure of surgery date as yet but I am guessing it will be the following week some time, sounds like we may be going through this about the same time, I will keep you & your hubby in my thoughts & prayers. Wishing you all the best as you go through this, but I am sure everything will go well.
Kind regards,
Cathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #7839 by Mike
Ginger I know everything will go ok and you both seem happy with your decision that is the main thing. You sound like my wife she is a nurse but she was with me every foot step of the way I could not of done it without her and then I had the rest of my family support. What I did from the get go is say I am going to beat this focus positive and keep my faith. And down the road I know this helped my family seeing me fighting because they were worried for me and I was worried for them. I forgot Pat was so close to you so that will be real nice to have her there she is a great lady and will be good company for you. Well you and your husband are in my prayers and the bladder angels will pull through :) Btw I was in the hospital for exactly one week and b4 my surgery that is about how long they said I be in. I know the waiting is the hardest part but here I am going on 14 weeks post op. Well good luck once again and you got the right idea keeping busy and it will be all over before you know it. Joe

16 years 6 months ago #7838 by Gene Beane
Well my bladder cancer friends, Sept. 5th is pre-op, we are going with the bag outside, Sept. 14th is surgery, I feel well informed because of all of you, I will post everyday to give you our rendition of our experience. Gene is apprehensive to say the least, he breaks down when family and friends show support as I think he is overwhelmed by everyones concern, guess he thought we weren't all that special but guess what? We are in so many hearts and the bladder cancer angels are with us. I pray I will be strong to carry him through this, Pat will be at the Cleveland Clinic that day so I am lucky to have her there for a few good words. My daughter and my son will also be with me, they don't seem to get the seriousness as they aren't living it like us. But thats good as there attitude is, well he will get it out and get better and go on,, I am adopting that myself. I will stay , private room for us, for as long as they will let me... 4 or five 5 days, then I will drive back and forth, its 45 minutes from our house. I have my own bag started, my own surgery bag, things to do, I am going to do my christmas cards,,I am sure I will have the time. Thanks, Wendy, Pat, Zack, Stephany, Joe, and Karen who is in my heart with mom of 4 as she needs our prayers. God Bless Her and her family.
Ginger Beane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne