Surgery OVER!! So far so good...I think

16 years 8 months ago #7487 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Surgery OVER!! So far so good...I think
OH ok they did take the uterus and the rest of the female organs then...thats a good thing...do let us know what the path report says. An enlarged uterus can be anything from giant fibroids which usually after menopause decrease in size but i guess theres always an exception... to something more ominous...but lets not jump the gun. I'm so glad she's doing so well at this point. She has lots of advocates with you and your siblings. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7482 by worrieddaughter
Replied by worrieddaughter on topic Surgery OVER!! So far so good...I think
In our case, it was definitely the uterus. She had been having some swelling of the stomach(I guess like if you are pregnant now that we know the uterus was large)and some "dull pain" in her stomach. The doc didn't act concerned but do they say if they are really? They sent everything including the uterus off for testing, so time will tell. I just wondered if anyone had a clue. It is hard to wait for those stinking path reports! Mama is feeling good today but doc said the worst days are yet to come. Her blood pressure is up and down but again they say no big deal. I am real pleasantly surprised thus far about how she looks but again...waiting on those stinking reports! :-\

16 years 8 months ago #7479 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Surgery OVER!! So far so good...I think

I kinda wondered the same thing. Scrotal pain and an enlarged uterus seem unlikely in the same person.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 8 months ago #7478 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Surgery OVER!! So far so good...I think
Pepa...i think you mean ureters (the tubes that connect each kidney to the bladder)...not uterus (the female reproductive organ or womb).. now i'm wondering if nervous daughter meant ureters instead of uterus?
Anyway nervous daughter an enlarged uterus could mean a lot of things...I'm surprised the CT scan your mother had previous to her surgery didn't show anything there. At any point since the surgeon obviously wanted to get in and get out as quickly as possible due to your mothers age and did not remove the female organs i would at least have an ultrasound done to determine what the cause is of the enlarged uterus. Did the surgeon have any recommendations? Pat

16 years 8 months ago #7464 by Pepa
Replied by Pepa on topic Surgery OVER!! So far so good...I think

My doc told me that he found abnormal cells in uterus, both of them. He didn't seem concerned either, just that we'll have to watch it and have checkups more often. So - I don't know. I'm trying not to be concerned either, but... After all, they both go to kidneys ...

16 years 8 months ago #7461 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Surgery OVER!! So far so good...I think
Hi
Glad things went well I cant help on the enlarged uterus did they do a hysterectomy at the same time?If so the path results will show if there is a problem.The bladder removal and replacement are done in all in one surgery.
Best wishes to your Mum
Love Claire x

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne