Melodie out of surgery and doing fine

16 years 8 months ago #7144 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Melodie out of surgery and doing fine
Anything that didn't taste metallic!!!.......Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7141 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Melodie out of surgery and doing fine
That sounds great! What was the first thing she wanted when she got home?

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 8 months ago #7135 by Patricia
OK...Melodie just called me and said she woke up this morning and decided to get out of Dodge.......So she is now at her Mother-in-laws house and feeling much better just being away from the hospital and hospital food...I thought she sounded pretty chipper tonight. I think she was expecting to much to soon but in reality she's pretty much on schedule.
She says hi to everyone who's given her so much support.
Pat

16 years 8 months ago #7040 by Patricia
Thanks Joe...Melodie has in particular been very worried about you and i told her you were doing great ...
She called this morning...has had a little set-back...a lot of nausea and they haven't found the right combination yet for her to alleviate it. She's a bit disoriented but that can happen with the drugs anyway. I think they started liquids orally to soon for her and they took away her saline...Since she's dry heaving (oh yes college days)...i think she needs to be hooked back up. But everything is in working order and nausea is not uncommon but they do have to find the right combination to keep that in check. She's not able to even sip much water at this point . Anyone else had that problem? Share!!! I know i had nausea for weeks after but i had a magic pill for it and it never got out of control. She may be pushing herself to fast to get out of there with its dinging stupid machine that never shuts up where all the iv's are attached....remember that thing???!! If i hadn't been dependent on it it would have gone down a stairwell someplace!!
She's going down for some x-rays this morning so i'll keep you on top of things...........Pat

16 years 8 months ago #7034 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Melodie out of surgery and doing fine
Thanks for the update Pat I am glad to hear Melodie is doing well. Lol once your bowels get a working you'll be walking out the door the next day yay insurance companies. Actually I was in the hospital one week and that was enuff. Still hurting when I left but I rather be home and hurting then be in that dang hospital and shoving that junk food away lol. Nothing like your own bed and no distubances. Joe

16 years 8 months ago #7029 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Melodie out of surgery and doing fine
Please let Melodie know I'm happy that it's over and she's doing ok. We know it's not an easy recovery...funny how a simple thing like passing gas becomes reason to celebrate. It's all relative, eh?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne