Melodie out of surgery and doing fine

16 years 7 months ago #7645 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Melodie out of surgery and doing fine
Fantastic news lets hope she continues to go from strength to strength.
Send her my love
Claire x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #7643 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Melodie out of surgery and doing fine
Last tube removed today for Melodie...she's ecstatic...is now wearing underwear again...for a while there i thought we had another Brittney on our hands...!! No more commando!!.......She's actually hungry today and feeling very positive...its all uphill now!! Pat

16 years 7 months ago #7587 by Patricia
Melodie called this A.M....got one tube out and learned how to cath yesterday..she has officially named her new bouncing baby bladder "Redbud"......She can go about 2 hrs now and is impatient to reach that 4 hr mark!! She sounded more optimistic and hopefully it will be smooth sailing from this point on. Pat

16 years 7 months ago #7572 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Melodie out of surgery and doing fine
Hi Pat
Send her our best wishes those first few weeks are so hard.At least she has someone close who has been there before giving her support.
Love Claire x

16 years 7 months ago #7568 by Patricia
Talked to Melodie today...she's back at Mother in Laws. Turned out the fluid sacs just excess drainage which was resorbing itself...thats good news..so no tubes and sent home. She's wondering where all this mucus is coming from!!!! She really has to irrigate that tube quite a lot...new little guy just has not accepted his role as bladder yet...they do become stubborn don't they? I told her to hang in there..it will get better. She goes back to have one tube removed today. Pat

16 years 7 months ago #7361 by Patricia
OOPs...a snag for Melodie. She's back in the hospital first because the lower catheter backed up and was clogged with mucus which they cleared and sent her home...then pain returned next day and they did a CT scan and found two pockets of fluid .one by the stoma..the other near her tailbone. I'm not sure of the indication of that. Its a weekend and you know how weekends are at a hospital!.She's taught one nurse how to flush the catheter so far and is emptying her own bag...just a tad bit understaffed i'd say!!!.....So its possible she may have to have drains put in on Monday.
This is a complication i have not heard of......anyone out there experience this?
She asks for your prayers..........Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne