Two weeks since my Radical cystectomy

16 years 8 months ago #6549 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Two weeks since my Radical cystectomy

Jerry, I'll be thinking of you the next few weeks.

Belay that.

We'll all be thinking of you. You'll be up and around in no time. Better than ever.

Best wishes,

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #6524 by D61
Replied by D61 on topic Two weeks since my Radical cystectomy
Congrats big guy...
for them finding the rest of it... better now than later.
At least you got to escape the hospital early... ;)

Same comments from me on accepting what comes, and sounds as if you have accepted the switch, which we all must face in turn.

I go under the knife Wednesday. After all the searching and studying,
I have chosen the internal neo, if, they can go with it once he's inside.

I'm pretty much resigned to either way, although I did have a strong interest in the Indiana...and lots of help here with several
( especially Pat ) trying to find info.

Main thing...for all of us, is to get the bad stuff out.

May be two weeks or more before I'm back around to visit...
if we can do the Continent Orthotopic. Sooner if it's the external.

Best to all...
and hope things go smooth for you Rick.

16 years 8 months ago #6511 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Two weeks since my Radical cystectomy
Rick,

So great to hear from you!!!! I have been thinking of you daily. I have been praying for you, your surgery and recovery every day and for Joe's. I guess your report just shows that we really don't know what is there and not there until they yanked that old bladder out. You sound like you are doing very well, in spite of the unexpected complications. Hopefully, the chemo won't slow you down too much....I will be going into surgery on the 25th so I won't be available to offer much moral support so please contact me by the 21st if I can share any info. in regard to my chemo experience. Take care, God Bless. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 8 months ago #6500 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Two weeks since my Radical cystectomy
Hey Rick,

Welcome back, I'm glad to hear surgery went well, and I hope you are one of those who breeze through chemo without a problem.

Good luck with everything>
Wendy

16 years 8 months ago #6495 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic Two weeks since my Radical cystectomy
Great to hear the surgery went well!

16 years 8 months ago #6493 by RAH
I had my surgery on June 22nd. I was going to have a Neobladder but the doctors could not stretch the blood source of the intestine around my large colons. They brought in all the big wigs from Virginia Mason in Seattle (including Melodies' future surgeon). After ten hours in surgery, they ended up giving me a stormo with an ostomy bag (as was planed in the event of what actually occurred).
I was release from the hospital six day later and feel very good. I went to the doctor today (two weeks from the day of surgery) to have my staples pulled. The doctor said I am doing great.

I did get the pathology report a few days ago. Going into surgery I had two scopes and both biopsy showed that the cancer was not in the muscle wall. However the post surgery biopsy showed that the cancer grew into the muscle wall and I have microscopic cells in the outer layer. Because my two diverticulua do not have much outer layer, there is concern that the cells may have gone outside my bladder.

I meet with a world class onocologist (according to my surgeon) on the 20th of July to plan my Chemotherapy.

Some great news is my Surgeon successfully spared my nerve when he took out my prostate.

Take Care
Rick

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne