A bit of a delicate question

16 years 10 months ago #6108 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic A bit of a delicate question
OUCH.......sorry Sarah.......whats with those doctors in the UK that don't teach you the kegal exercises for emptying the bladder...ok its just not the UK...they do it here in the states too. If you don't know how to do them call your doctor or nurse and get a crash course. As for the piles i find that i too have gotten them simply from straining my bowel...my newer shorter bowel seems to sabotoge me periodically. In the beginnning i used stool softeners which helped but now i keep on hand more roughage(a handful of walnuts does the trick) to keep things moving along. Sorry about the bleeding and you're right to see someone about them just to be cautionary. Do you have any creams to alleviate the pain right now? Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #6105 by Sarah
A bit of a delicate question was created by Sarah
Hi guys

Hope someone can help me here - I seem to have been having problems with haemorrhoids (sorry British spelling....and that's hard enough!!).
I have been trying to make sure my neobladder is empty (or as empty as I can get it) each time I go to the toilet. I have also tried to keep the bladder a manageable size, which means I am at around 450ml now, and this means I probably err on the side of caution in terms of time between visits to the loo.
I was never taught how to strain, I just do what comes naturally, I have recently been trying not to hold my breath whilst straining, but anyway, I have a nice collection of "piles" as we call them in the UK, which have begun to bleed.
I know I will have to go see my GP, but just wanted some hand holding until I get an appointment.
Anyone else have this problem??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne