Chemo All Over 5/2

16 years 11 months ago #5287 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Chemo All Over 5/2
Dear Joe,

You're totally forgiven for posting in the other section...no biggie! I'll leave it for a day and then delete the thread over there, ok?

I'm happy for you that chemo's over. You've shown great courage, humor and strength throughout, always finding the positive in a very tough situation. Your path is not an easy one, but you went for it, and are going for it 100%, something to be admired.

I wish you 100% success with everything. Now take that well-deserved rest and get strong for the surgery. I hope you are one of those who come through without a hitch and that it will be easy compared to going through chemo!
wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #5284 by Mike
Chemo All Over 5/2 was created by Mike
Wendy I posted this in the wrong section under non-invassive dang guess my heads still in a cloud so I am moving it down here where it belongs, if you wanna delete the other one, sorry bout that. Joe

Well I got done my chemo last round of chemo last week. Man that one really knocked me for a loop. I went last Tuesday and got my CT Scan done and saw Dr. Malkowicz yesterday and he told me all was well that he really liked what he saw from the images that what great news that was a long road and still some more to go. I get a little break here for a tad my surgery is scheduled for June 20. No joking lol I need a rest for a bit and get some of my strength back to get ready for this. Also that was great news that the chemo did the job I was sweating bullets waiting for them results to come back. Next stop is May 17 to see the Cardio Doc to make sure the good old ticker is primed up for the surgery. I told Dr. Malkowicz from 1/6/07 to the present with all these tests and worrying if I did not have a heart attack by now I should be good to go, he got a kick out of that lol. As I said from the get go I am so happy I made the decision to go to the Univ Of Pa. I could not have been treated any better from a great team of Dr's. And the nurses there they are all angels especially the ones in the Chemo Dept. They treated me with love, kindness, and compassion every visit and made me feel great. Under the circumstances I would joke with them and get them going and really got to be friends with all of them. Still fighting and moving on and feeling a little better each day. Oh by the way my head looks like the Ban roll on stick lol but I found out I got a nice round head and the crazy part my wife loves it. Best Wishes All, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne