I nead a neo

17 years 11 months ago #525 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic I nead a neo
May I ask what stage your BC is and how many treatments you have had. My URO said he wanted to do this asap like in one month. I got a second opinion from a robotics uro and he said with 3 more BCG treatments I can get thru another 6 months till I am done working for the summer. I know some will say I am crazy but many issues apply. You know like I will get a miricle by then. Don

Hanging in there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #524 by pink
Replied by pink on topic I nead a neo
hi all !!
I've opted for the neo too.I don't want to have a stoma or anything else.
So my surgeon has said she is more than happy to do what I have asked for.

love pink

17 years 11 months ago #523 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic I nead a neo
Helo Mine is near the same area as yours. But they say It is ok to do a neo becouse as of now The ureatha and the uriter are both clean. We have asecond opinion today . by the way has anyone with high grade totaly contained to the bladder had to dpo chemo. Don

Hanging in there!

17 years 11 months ago #521 by Eric_T
Replied by Eric_T on topic I nead a neo
My wife is just where you are- had 6 weeks of BCG which didn't change the status of a recurring tumor as high grade. I'm finding that "high-grade" over rides everything else. Even though her last small paillary tumor was non -invasive, being high grade calls for getting the bladder out. period. We are however, going for 2nd and third opinions as to what kind of reconstructive surgery; Illeal condit, Indiana Pouch, or Neo. You're lucky if you can go neo, because by definition that means you are keeping your urethra. In my wife's case, that's not recommended since her last tumor was near the bladder neck.

Just offerring up a perspective.

17 years 11 months ago #516 by skypilot
I nead a neo was created by skypilot
:'( Hello all I was told last twesday I would need to have my blader removed asap. I had 2 tumers and after 6 BCG one has returned invasive urotheliel carcinoma high grade. It is located near the uriter and the uretha, Ueo says becouse of location he wants to do a neo bladder also prostate and and pee tude is clean no cancer. He says I am lucky to be a canidate for neo. I dont feel so lucky. Also does anyone know anything about robotics for this. Thanks in advance for your input. Don

Hanging in there!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne