3 years 7 months ago #59746 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Newbie
Congrats !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #59729 by Golfer
Replied by Golfer on topic Newbie
My husband went to Moffitt and we were extremely pleased with their health care.

His Orlando urolgist forwarded his records, and the same day Moffitt phoned and made an appointment for him to see Dr Roger Li, one of the surgeons.
We never felt rushed in any of our appointments, and everything was fully explained.
After 6 weeks of chemo, there was a 6 week break before Dr Li performed a studer neo-bladder.
He also removed 16 pelvic lymph nodes in the 8 hour surgery on 2nd March.
He spent 7 days in hospital, the last 2 was because his electrolytes were very low, and so could not be discharged.
A home help nurse was arranged for him until all his bags had been removed.

He has been committed to self catheterizing as instructed by Dr Li, and has not had any problems.
At first he had to void every 2 hours day and night, but now is up to 4.5 hours.
He is 69 years old, and of course a golfer, he really wanted the neo-bladder over the urostomy bag.

We just returned from seeing his family, and they all agreed that he now looks so well you would never know he had been through chemo and a major operation.

We are very thankful to the staff at Moffitt.

3 years 8 months ago #59664 by ckfun
Replied by ckfun on topic Newbie
Hello, Rome,
How did it go at Moffitt?
My husband has a urachal adenocarcinomand is seeing Dr. Wade Sexton at Moffit on August 18 to discuss treatment options.
Thank you.

3 years 9 months ago #59533 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Newbie
Yes, radical cystectomy would be the logical next step after chemo for stage 3 bladder cancer. It will be interesting to hear the recommendations from Moffitt.

Patients who have had bladder removal live full lives with whichever diversion they choose. While it would be nice to keep your bladder, when it is a choice between your bladder or your life, I know which I would choose!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 9 months ago #59532 by rome91
Replied by rome91 on topic Newbie
Hello everyone

My first doctor recommended MVAC chemo then it’s unclear whether bladder will be removed. Is the bladder recommended for removal on stage 3 after chemo?

I have a second opinion at Moffitt which l hope he may recommend treatment on saving my bladder.
Thanks

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #59497 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Newbie
Moffitt what little I know has a good reputation.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne