1. Day 11 had lot of walking and much progress. Still very tired though.
2. Day 12 home finally!
3. She is able to get herself out of bed and walk to the bathroom with a walker.
4. Still very sore.
5. Her appetite has returned and hopefully some good progress will occur now.
Follow up visit will be in six weeks.
I will post weekly updates from here on out just to continue documenting process for others.
1. Day 9 was pretty much a setback. As she had a lot of activity on Day 8 she really could not get out of bed too much because was exhausted. In fact she slept for the better part of the day. Also started vomiting at night after taking large pill.
2. Day 10 showed some improvement. She was able to walk with a walker to the restroom. She needed help getting up but then could walk.
3. Day 10 very tired from getting up to go to the restroom about 10 times during the day so was not able to walk.
4. Vomited when taking a pill again this evening.
5. Received magnesium to help with vitals.
6. Only eating maybe an oz of food at most and maybe 4 oz of liquid during day.
7. Looking forward to maybe leaving hospital later in the week if shows improvement.
8. Optimistic that tomorrow will show improvement.
1. Her blood pressure now does not drop precipitously when stands.
2. She was able to walk around the nurses station (150 steps) today with help. That is 147 steps more than she has walked the first 7 days combined since surgery.
3. Continued with her first solid food diet since surgery.
4. Bowels continue to improve.
5. Gets extremely tired quickly. The steps today absolutely exhausted her.
6. Optimistic that tomorrow will show continue improvement.
1. Nausea subsided.
2. Removed the nasogastric tube.
3. Began a limited liquid diet.
4. Bowels starting to wake up.
5. Still unable to stand because of dip in blood pressure.
6. Still a lot of pain in stomach area, but improving.
7. Voice and color returned and seems in good spirits.
8. Optimistic that tomorrow will show continue improvement.