Been a little more than a week since last post, 26 days since surgery.
1. All of her incisions from the surgery healing very well.
2. Bad constipation (taking colaise and eating prunes).
3. Getting around a little more.
4. Has gotten used to daily shots and bag changing.
5. No unexpected situations.
6. First appointment since surgery is three weeks away.
I will continue to post weekly updates from here on out just to continue documenting her process for others.
Was going to wait a week to update, but thought I would now since got a call from doctor with pathology results.
All lymph nodes were negative. The cancer progressed through the muscle wall and invaded the fatty layer, but appears to have been contained there. Plan is to see urologist in a month and then oncologist that will follow up with three month scans.
As far as recuperation, it has been up and down. Lot of pain still, but moving around better with a walker. No more vomiting, but still difficulties with restroom.
I will post weekly updates from here on out just to continue documenting the process for others.
Thank you for sharing the story of your.
So glad to hear that you are beginning to get back to your new normal.
6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
1. Day 11 had lot of walking and much progress. Still very tired though.
2. Day 12 home finally!
3. She is able to get herself out of bed and walk to the bathroom with a walker.
4. Still very sore.
5. Her appetite has returned and hopefully some good progress will occur now.
Follow up visit will be in six weeks.
I will post weekly updates from here on out just to continue documenting process for others.
1. Day 9 was pretty much a setback. As she had a lot of activity on Day 8 she really could not get out of bed too much because was exhausted. In fact she slept for the better part of the day. Also started vomiting at night after taking large pill.
2. Day 10 showed some improvement. She was able to walk with a walker to the restroom. She needed help getting up but then could walk.
3. Day 10 very tired from getting up to go to the restroom about 10 times during the day so was not able to walk.
4. Vomited when taking a pill again this evening.
5. Received magnesium to help with vitals.
6. Only eating maybe an oz of food at most and maybe 4 oz of liquid during day.
7. Looking forward to maybe leaving hospital later in the week if shows improvement.
8. Optimistic that tomorrow will show improvement.