Had a small development last week. She has had a bad cough and then trouble breathing. She also was vomiting some and had a temperature of 100.2. Spent three days in the hospital last week with pneumonia, but is doing very well now.
Now for the update. She had her three month CT (head to pelvis) as well as an entire body bone scan yesterday. The news is that the spot on her lung (believed to be inflammation) is shrinking. No new lesions were seen on the CT or bone scans.
She will remain on Keytruda. Her next infusion is in three weeks. She will also see a pulmonologist to make sure that the situation last week was pneumonia and not pneumonitis.
As far as her symptoms are concerned, she is very sore and fatigued, but is still completely self sufficient. Will keep on this path as long as we can. BTW, 94 visits to the doctor and/or hospital now.
Hopefully no reason to update until the next scans in three months.
I still read and absorb all your posts. It is good that things appear to be stable. We are with you in the spirit in this fight. Thanks for the updates. You will never know how many people you're helping.
DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.