Wife DX with T2 Micropapillary Cancer...

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #59553 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Wife DX with T2 Micropapillary Cancer...
Wow. If my arithmetic is correct this about 5 months post. Congrats to both of you! Lot's of life yet to live!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #59552 by JamesF
Replied by JamesF on topic Wife DX with T2 Micropapillary Cancer...
Just quick update since it has been a while.

My wife is now able to change bag by herself. She is able to drive over 6 hours to see her family. She has become accustomed to her new normal. Every day she is grateful to still be cancer free. Next checkup is the 6 month scan on Aug 13/14.

I will update post then.

Thanks

3 years 11 months ago #59405 by Canadian1
Replied by Canadian1 on topic Wife DX with T2 Micropapillary Cancer...
Wonderful news!

3 years 11 months ago #59404 by Alan
Progress! James, be assured you are helping everyone that passes by the site. M. D. Anderson is an amazing hospital and the staff is world class. Thanks. While I have not had to use them, living in New Braunfels they are my backup.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 11 months ago #59403 by JamesF
Replied by JamesF on topic Wife DX with T2 Micropapillary Cancer...
I figured I would update for future reference for others.

To review, my wife was diagnosed with muscle invasive bladder cancer stage T2a. The pathology showed that it was the rare variant plasmacytoid. After 4 rounds of chemotherapy (gem/cis) the cancer was unresponsive and chemotherapy was cut short. An RC was performed at M.D. Anderson in January. The pathology showed no lymph node involvement and no positive margins, but the cancer was upstaged to 3a.

Fast forward to 3 1/2 months after surgery, with the exception of a rash around the stoma everything has been going well. There was a lot of constipation, but it has improved as well.

The 3 month checkup (CT Scan/blood work) showed that the cancer has not returned.

Will have the next checkup at the 6 month mark, will update then.

Thanks,

James

4 years 3 weeks ago #59252 by Alan
Incredible diary. I am sure yu have helped many others. Thanks. Most importantly, I am glad the wife is getting better!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne