1. They had her sit in a chair for about an hour.
2. Was not able to to walk because every time she stands her blood pressure drops significantly.
3. Has not used restroom yet.
4. She was able to drink some and had a tiny bit of white toast.
5. Nauseated today with moderate pain. Threw up once in evening.
6. Received training with attaching bag today.
7. Drain still pretty red, but lightening up some.
Always hard to have a loved one recovering, but it seems she is doing well from your description. Not a lot of fun, but there is promise for the better days ahead.
Best to you both
6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
1. Due to vomiting my wife received a nasogastric tube. She has had it for two days. No food or liquid during this time, feeding intravenously. Once she is able to get bowels moving they will remove it.
2. Day 3 she was very tired and slept on and off most of the day.
3. Day 4 much improved. Very alert and stayed awake nearly the entire day.
4. They have been unable to have her stand because her blood pressure drops 40 points when she stands because of the dehydration, etc. They expect that tomorrow she will be able to walk some and then things should be on the upswing.
Will post later to continue to document the process for future readers.
1. Nausea subsided.
2. Removed the nasogastric tube.
3. Began a limited liquid diet.
4. Bowels starting to wake up.
5. Still unable to stand because of dip in blood pressure.
6. Still a lot of pain in stomach area, but improving.
7. Voice and color returned and seems in good spirits.
8. Optimistic that tomorrow will show continue improvement.