Staging/Diagnosis Question

4 years 9 months ago #57878 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Staging/Diagnosis Question
Welcome CoraBell,

I am going straight to your question and concern about metatstatic possibilities. Chances are pretty good you were diagnosed correctly at stage 2 and IF anything got out I presume it would be via the blood stream. Let's just hope and pray that has not happened and you will know more after the PET scan which is soon. I don't know why but, I feel you will be clear. All any of us can do is take each day one at a time.

Please let us know how the results go as we all learn from each and every poster.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoraBell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #57874 by CoraBell
Staging/Diagnosis Question was created by CoraBell
I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Muscle Invasive BC October 2018. I entered a clinical trail, did 8 rounds of treatments and then has a radical cystectomy in March 2019. The procedure itself went well too, pathology was all clear. My new neobladder seems to work fine, although we have a little leakage at night. Aside from a bout with Sepsis, recovery has gone very well. I'll take it.
I recently had my first post-op CT of the abdomen, chest & pelvis. All looks good except they found two lytic lesions on my spine that had changed in size (bigger) since my original diagnosis. I'm having a PET scan tomorrow, and in the meantime - I'm not sleeping a lot, so plenty of time to worry about things and have random questions run through my head.
If the BC metastasized to my spine, I believe that would be secondary bladder cancer, right? Does my original diagnosis of muscle invasive change to metastatic? I thought I understood that Stage 2 meant it had not gone beyond the bladder wall. Does that mean it was mis-staged? Or would it be more like I was still stage 2, but the nasty cells traveled via blood and set up shop on my spine?
I'm really hoping these areas are some old injuries the immunotheraphy tried to fix and there's nothing to worry about, but I think we all know how well THAT goes.
Best wishes to all!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne