Terminal bladder cancer (has spread)

6 years 2 months ago #54649 by theadder
Replied by theadder on topic Terminal bladder cancer (has spread)
My dad is in the same boat. He has a different medicine with his immunotherapy , and even though they gave him 20 % chance, it actually helped. His pelvic mass shrunk by 20 % and the cancer in the lungs completely disappeared, however the liver mets got worse. He had awful stomach pain and ended up in the hospital. It happened to be blocked bile duct in the liver from the cancer, and they had to place a stent.

My point is that, there is still hope. Immunotherapy does help people. Keep fighting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #54603 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Terminal bladder cancer (has spread)
Sorry this has taken so long but the flu has been my best friend lately. I am also sorry your family has to go through this. I will give you a link to a list put out by a hospice about time lines. But the truth is for some this will ring true for others not as much it can move slower or faster. I am told by hospice workers I know that they see people try to protect thier love ones all the time from the reality of the situation so that would not be unusual if that is what she is doing, and should be seen as her love for you all even if misplaced.

www.crossroadshospice.com/caregiver-guidance/physical-emotional-changes/

I wish I could give you some words of wisdom because this I know if very hard if you need to talk we are here for you please keep us updated.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

6 years 3 months ago #54601 by lotech35
Replied by lotech35 on topic Terminal bladder cancer (has spread)
I have metastic bladder cancer, spread to my liver and lungs. Im starting immunotherapy tomorrow. Im 54, KEYTRUDA is what they will use on me, chemo didn't work for me. Have they tried immunotherapy on your Mom?

Diagnosed Sept 2015 noninvasive
1st turbt Oct 3 2015, 2nd turbt Nov 13 bladder,
Completed 6 BCG initial treatments 01/11/16 02/09/16 No Cancer!
08/09/16 Cyto shows red spots on bladder, TURBT prostate scheduled
09/12/16 Cancer is back Ta prostate ,T1 high grade bladder papillary uthelial.
Cancer has invaded muscle getting RC.

6 years 3 months ago #54568 by Chlobo1995
Terminal bladder cancer (has spread) was created by Chlobo1995
Hi all,
New to the site myself and my family members would just like some peace of mind.

My mum is 45 and got diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer which then further spread to her vagina and lymph nodes around may time. Chemo did not work or radiotherapy. She has just been having palliative care, she got given 3-6 months to live we are now in month 5 and each day is a struggle she is getting worse and worse. No pain medication is working so she has gone into a hospice to get it under control 2 days ago, that is all they are telling us and she keeps telling us it will be controlled then she will be allowed home. We aren’t next of kin it’s her boyfriend and we all feel that we aren’t being told the truth and by doing that she is trying to protect us from what is to come. She’s barely eating weighs next to nothing can’t walk without shaking so spends all of her time in bed really, gone completely jaundice and no longer wants to interact with us Like she previously would. Is she in her final stages? We all feel it but she’s saying she’s fine and that’s it’s not going to happen for a long time, we can see different just need some piece of mind. I know every case is different but we aren’t coping with not knowing a thing. X thank you x

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne