Post radical cystectomy vaginal bleeding

17 years 11 months ago #467 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Post radical cystectomy vaginal bleeding
Hi,

I can't blame you for being worried, any unexplained bleeding is a scary thing post-op. Sounds like your doctor is doing his best, but I'm glad you pushed the follow up date forward, for your sake. I wish I had a clue of what to tell you but I don't remember hearing about this particular situation before (and I"m not a medical professional).

Please post again when you have more information.
Take care,
wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #453 by 1classybrit
Post radical cystectomy vaginal bleeding was created by 1classybrit
I had a radical cystectomy for Stage pT3a bladder cancer in May 2005.  Everything went well, and I followed up with cisplatin and gemzar chemotherapy for 4 months.  However, since the surgery I have had a small amount of vaginal bleeding each day, possibly after a bowel movement.  In January this year I returned to my urologist who was concerned about the bleeding.    He ordered a CT scan of the pelvis and abdomen and did a biopsy of the surgery site.  The CT scan and biopsy were both negative, with only scar tissue present at the biopsy site.   He said he cauterized the surgery site, but I still have bleeding.  

My question is, has anyone else heard of this phenomenon?  I had a followup urology appointment in June, but today decided to make an appointment for this week, as I am so worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne