My husband was just diagnosed help with options.

7 years 8 months ago #51780 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic My husband was just diagnosed help with options.
Hello again... as you said, so far so good until told otherwise. I hope your path report comes back quickly because the waiting is an anxious time.

From what you have shared, it seems my tumor was a different type than your husband's bc so the treatment options can vary. A primary adenocarcinoma is considered rare in the bladder and tends to be a solitary tumor as in my case. After that section of my bladder was removed and the margins came back clean, there was no further treatment (no chemo or radiation) prescribed other than the usual monitoring schedule. My checkups have been clear since my surgery, and I go back again for my yearly check in October.

Wishing you the best possible outcome on the path report.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #51777 by BB62
Thanks Catherine.
Well Dr. Boracas says no sign of tumor with the blue light procedure, but he took a lot of random biopsies to make sure. He will call with the Path report next week. So so far so good.
Dr. Boracas is currently leaning towards a partial cysectomy. Did you get Chemi and/or radiation with yours Catherine?
That is my husbands favorite picture of us.

7 years 8 months ago #51764 by CatherineH
Hoping for the best possible results. You two are such a cute couple... love your photo!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Nashville, TN
The following user(s) said Thank You: BB62

7 years 8 months ago #51757 by BB62
Update. Today we are at Vanderbilt my husband is having a second cystoscopy by Dr. Barocas to make sure he doesn't see anything else since the TURBT.
Then we hope to proceed with Chemo/Radiation and try to preserve the bladder.

7 years 9 months ago #51611 by CatherineH
Hello Herb... so nice to see you on the forum. Thank you for your very kind words. It is a privilege that we all share when we are able to help and comfort another person in need of support.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Nashville, TN

7 years 9 months ago #51604 by Herb
Hi:

Catherine is one of the best sources of help and she helped me along the way and I have been cancer free for 6 years (I am an old guy, now 77) You have excellent resources in your area; Bless you and hubby.

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BB62

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne