Does it hurt

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #51135 by Nicke
Replied by Nicke on topic Does it hurt
Hi again,
You are further down the route than I thought. Yes, In that case your urologist know for sure it is stage 2. Hopefully not any more.

About the pain, could be from a uti, from the turb or from the bladder muscle, or from the cancer itself IF i has spread. Hard to tell. For how long has you had this pain? I bet it is an uti...

Niklas

12-12 Diagnosis
13-1 Turb TAG1
13-5 Turb Ta low grade, multiple
13-10 Turb TaG2, multiple
13-11 Mitomycin 8 weeks + 6 month
15-01 Turb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #51133 by browneyedgirlnmo
Replied by browneyedgirlnmo on topic Does it hurt
Hi Nicke,

I've had two TURB. I know for sure its high grade and made it to the muscle of the bladder so at the very least its stage 2. Could be higher waiting for the pathology report from the latest TURB from last week. I've told my urological oncologist of the pain. He said he is not sure what it is.

7 years 11 months ago #51132 by Nicke
Replied by Nicke on topic Does it hurt
Hi,
I am sorry about your diagnosis but it is good that you found this site.

First of all, there are no doctors here. We just share our experience as patients about bladder cancer. You should also ask your urologist all yor questions.

Your urologist can't know what grade or stage your cancer is until after you have had a turb, a resection of the tumor, and the result from the pathologist is back. Actually, he can't be sure it even is cancer. Based on experience, he has made a good estimation of what to expect.

Bladder cancer can hurt, even it cancer cells themselves are not suppose to make pain. The pain could also be from an infection. There are a much higher risk of getting an uti if you have bladder cancer. You could have got an uti after your cystoscopy. Tell your urologist about the pain and ask if you can leave a urine sample for testing.

Niklas

12-12 Diagnosis
13-1 Turb TAG1
13-5 Turb Ta low grade, multiple
13-10 Turb TaG2, multiple
13-11 Mitomycin 8 weeks + 6 month
15-01 Turb

7 years 11 months ago #51131 by browneyedgirlnmo
Does it hurt was created by browneyedgirlnmo
Hi,

So I was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer. The doctor said the cancer is all along the bottom of my bladder and is muscle invasive. I am going to schedule a PET scan to see if it has made it anywhere else. I only know because its muscle invasive its stage 2 at least. What I'm wondering is because it has made it to the muscle is it supposed to hurt? It seems like I'm always in pain the past 1-2 weeks.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne