I'miss so sorry to hear about your father...this cancer thing is so scary to deal with...my husband is 73 and was diagnosed with bladder cancer six months ago..his is also very aggressive and invasive, right now he going through radiation treatments with twelve left and then we wait and see if they were successful. My concern is has it spread to other organs...so scary. I wish your dad the best of luck...
I'm so sorry to read about your dad. I really have nothing of substance to share with you, but I'm sure that others on this forum who have been down your path will provide you with some input. From what I've read, MD Anderson is one of the best hospitals, so hopefully they will be able to lay out a treatment path for your dad.
I wish you and your family the best. Please keep us posted.
5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.
Thank You for taking the time to read this. My father had an aggressive bladder cancer diagnosed this time last year. He underwent the 7 hour surgery to get an Indiana Pouch put in. He had Intense Chemo prior to his surgery and after surgery he had radiation. Once, all his treatments were completed they did scan and they found secondary cancer of the liver. This too is an aggressive cancer. They offered my Dad a clinical trial medication. We were so happy to hear something may help him. However, After my dad heard that he had cancer in his liver he became overly depressed. Then he began to stop eating etc. My mother and myself kept pushing for him and on top of depression he had an infection in his urinary tract. He was hospitalized for a week and with this comes becoming weak. Just two days ago we had an oncologist appointment which we thought was to discuss the clinical trial however, were told at the HUP of Philadelphia that we were to give him steroids and Oxycontin just to keep him comfortable and he had months to days. They did not look at my fathers liver counts via blood and they had no current scan of the liver during this commentary. They sent us home with the medication and my father is however feeling A Lot better and acting himself which my mother and I are so thankful for. But, we are not ok with the diagnosis and how it was done. They also told us to have hospice come in. But, because of insurance we told hospice no. We would not be able to be with hospice and get another opinion which I feel we need. I have now called MD Anderson Cancer center to discuss other options. They sounded very hopeful that there was something we could do. I am asking anyone to help weigh in on this and give any insight to this I would greatly appreciate ALL the opinions.