Large amounts of blood in urine

8 years 5 months ago #49669 by angelgrl
Large amounts of blood in urine was created by angelgrl
Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with T2 high grade muscle invasive bladder cancer in 2014. Underwent three months of MVAC chemotherapy. After the chemotherapy was finished the tumor decreased in size dramatically. The current size of the tumor since my last CT scan which was last month, is 7cm. The doctors are monitoring me since the end of my chemo which was in March. The original plan was for me to undergo three months of chemo followed by a radical cystectomy. Since the chemo decreased the size of the tumor so much they have decided to monitor me instead upon my request.

There have been some recent developments however. In the past several weeks I have been feeling very weak, so I went to see my primary doctor about this. He ordered some blood work and a U/A. The blood work came out normal, the U/A found large amounts of blood in my urine. I am scheduled to see my Urologist this Thursday to go over these results. Is it possible that the tumor has grown or the cancer has spread? What are the survival rates of those with this type of cancer without have a RC? I just do not see any reason to have that type of surgery if it is not necessary, since the tumor has shrunk so much. Thank you.

Angelgrl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne