Lung nodule

8 years 6 months ago #49432 by Lelly
Replied by Lelly on topic Lung nodule
I'm so sorry, PLK. I was thinking your surgery was scheduled for October, and I just noticed that it should have taken place yesterday!!!! I am praying that it went well and that you will recover with ease. Lelly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #49431 by Lelly
Replied by Lelly on topic Lung nodule
Thanks for responding, Cynthia and PLK. I appreciate it. I called the oncologist's office yesterday to discover that he is out all this week too. The NP called me back and reassured me, saying that it's really too small of a nodule to worry about at this time. She said that the doctor suggested moving my three month upcoming scan to two months, which would be in November. I was working to put this out of my mind the best I could since it's going to be a wait. (I'm trying so hard to not let this cancer take control of my mind and my emotions.) Was doing pretty well until she (the NP) called back later in the day to say that my doctor said it wouldn't be a bad idea to see a pulmonary doctor. I'm reading into this big time and back to square one with my fear and worries.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #49422 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Lung nodule
Plk gave you the perfect answer. If it gives you any compfort I have done the lung nod watch myself. I was lucky lymph nodes can enlarge for many reasons some never known. I hope you know your path forward soon.
We are here.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lelly

8 years 6 months ago #49421 by Plk
Replied by Plk on topic Lung nodule
Dear Lelly,
I have no answers for you, but want to lend my support. take a deep breath, try to relax (I know how hard that is) and on Monday morning see if there is someone at Memorial Sloan who is covering for your doctor who can help you. You can't wait for your doc to get back, you need some advise to get some answers and hopefully peace of mind.

Good luck, I will be thinking of you (as I anxiously await my RC surgery next Monday).

PLK

PLK in NJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lelly

8 years 6 months ago #49420 by Lelly
Lung nodule was created by Lelly
Again, I am frightened beyond belief. When reading my post chemo CT scan report I noticed that a new 7mm nodule has appeared in the bottom of my left lung. Two radiologist reports were written from this one scan - one at my local hospital and one at the hospital where I had my RC in April. (Long story about why this happened.) My local hospital didn't mention the nodule in their report, but the hospital where I was operated on (Memorial Sloan) did.

The pathology on my bladder cancer showed invasive T1 N3 urothelial carcinoma with focal micro papillary features. Cancer was discovered in 6/over 40 of the lymph nodes they took.

Following surgery, in mid June, I started a three month chemo regime with a combination of Taxol, Gemzar, and Cisplatin. My last treatment was August 31 and my CT was performed Sept. 3.

My oncologist at Sloan is out of the country right now and I am thinking the worst. Is it possible that my cancer metastasized during chemo? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Lelly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne