Reacuing Infection after Turb

8 years 7 months ago #49079 by designer1
Replied by designer1 on topic Reacuing Infection after Turb
I meant to tell you thank you for your reply. Seems everyone here is either quite comfortable with their lifestyle with understanding there are daily changes sometimes. I appreciate anyone who has the input that I can understand.
After all that has been done, Dad is back on the same in Home Therapy where a Nurse comes and takes blood now and then but dad is able to administer his own medication to the line.
Interestingly, along with the 3rd episode of this bladder problem, his kidneys are a bit elevated. With this information I am wondering if the medication is just erupting further problems. the physician has not been able to go "IN" and do a cystoscope again but is considering doing it while dad is under treatment.
I believe nothing and hope for Everything. Thanks so much for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #49046 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Reacuing Infection after Turb
They need to run a "broad" spectrum check if they haven't done so. There a lot of different types of bugs and some are tougher according to my URO. He puts me a really strong stuff for a couple of days after every yearly cysto as we seem to stir them up. At the same time I am sure some bugs are getting resistant to the drugs.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: designer1

8 years 7 months ago #49045 by designer1
Reacuing Infection after Turb was created by designer1
For months My Dad has had the on and off bladder infections. He had TURB in November and on antibiotics each time he has a flare up. He was diagnosed in February with pseudomonis which was really tough sailing for him. He tried antibiotics in the hospital with a pic line three times a day. All cleared up in a week and then it came back! For five weeks he had a in office Treatment with a "Tech". Sometimes the pre-urine test was good and other times he had to delay a treatment until the infection was gone. All this time he felt great too. Then he got it again and he had "in-home" treatments that he gave to himself. The Nurses showed up, did what they could and he was "clean again" after a week of treatment at home. Then we are all set to have the cystro today and his pre-urine test showed some pus and a infection. There are NO symptoms. We went back to the hospital for a more thorough urine test. Now we "wait". I told the doctor "maybe this is just his general makeup at age 82". Doctor said he does not think so but may have to give him the cystro while on antibiotics because he is concerned about the bladder and what it looks like. The issue is, Doctor also said he is seeing more and more of this infection increasingly with "young" people too now. So question, Superbug? He says No. I say if my dad is not suffering and he is going for maintenance now anyway, what could this be?? Doctor has taken care of dad for over 25 years. Prostate Cancer and all. Any thoughts on this reacurring infection?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne