Not sure where this belongs

9 years 2 months ago #48262 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic Not sure where this belongs
Hi Wun, if your BC was invasive then you did the right thing. The invasive BC would metastasize with 100% certainty. A small number of cells would travel to remote areas of your body and would create new tumors.You would be risking your life and living in constant fear. Even with chemo it's impossible to irradicate all cancer cells. I was reading some materials about BC and the chemo that is available now is not curative. Was your BC papillary or cis? I think that you will get used to your neobladder. Can you describe the problems with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #48261 by WUN
Not sure where this belongs was created by WUN
I am new here. Was doing a web search on various issues concerning BC and found this group, specifically some info posted by "mmc." So I joined. Sorry to read about Mike. Seems like he would have been a solid source of info. Anyway, I was diagnosed late 2013. Invasive BC. Did the whole deal, cystoscopy, turb, MVAC chemo, scans of every description. Final scan revealed that the chemo was effective. No Signs of the pre-existing tumor. I had been told from the start that RC was the only "curative" option. Never even knew curative was a word. So in June of 2014 had the RC with neo bladder. With the exception of some real low level prostate cancer indications, all post-op pathologies came back clean. Incidentally, Dr. Chemo suggested that at my age (56) the prostate findings would have been of no consequence. So, here I am finding myself questioning the decision to have the RC so soon. It laterally changed everything. If asked, I'm not sure I would recommend any of it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne