Bladder Removed.. Now new growth found??

9 years 4 months ago #47488 by CompletelyLost
Replied by CompletelyLost on topic Bladder Removed.. Now new growth found??
Thank you so much for your response. I did not even think to ask that if it is soft tissue inflammation how long it should take to resolve. That is an excellent question.

My urologist recommended that I get a biopsy done, however, the radiology department spoke with me several times about how risky of a biopsy this is and I am not sure that my urologist was aware of this. He went further to say if the results state that it is cancer, my only option would be chemo- which again, I am not sure how I feel about.

I am located with half of my time in Arizona and half of it in San Diego. The urologist I am seeing specializes in Urologic Cancer for the Moores Cancer Center in San Diego.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #47487 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Bladder Removed.. Now new growth found??
What does your urologist recommend doing? If it is soft tissue inflammation, how long should it take to resolve? Where are you being treated? This sounds as if it might be an appropriation situation for a consultation at a major bladder cancer center. While it is not likely that it is cancer, based on the path results you mentioned, cancer is a sneaky beast and not to be trifled with. At this point, if I were you, I would want the very best treatment options available.

If you let us know where you are located, one of our members may have a suggestion for a place for you to get a second opinion. Or go to the top of this page and click on HELP. There will be a list and you will see the topic RESEARCHED RESOURCES. Click on that and you will find TREATMENT CENTER FINDER.

Please let us know what is happening....

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 4 months ago #47486 by CompletelyLost
Bladder Removed.. Now new growth found?? was created by CompletelyLost
I have my bladder and prostate removed earlier this year and now I have a stoma and use urology bags. It's been 10 months after my surgery and they are saying that they see a new growth near my lower right pelvic area. This was not there in August. They don't know if it is cancer or just soft tissue or inflammation or what. Has anyone had any similar experiences to this? They had told me that the cancer did not spread out of the bladder walls and all of the lymph nodes came clear of cancer. If it is cancer, how can this be happening again? Is this it? The biopsy to check is a very risky biopsy that could potentially result in another surgery. I don't know if I should do it..

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne