Neobladder problems

10 years 6 months ago #45361 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Neobladder problems
Thanks, Cynthia...not too late. We haveabout two weeks before we even meet with the surgeon. He used laproscopic robotic last time to remove the bladder, so I think he should be open to the idea this time.

We're going to meet a friend and her husband who has a urostomy to see what living with that is like....we're awfully weary of this whole process and that sounds like an option.

Thanks for being in touch!

Take care of yourself!

Judy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #45359 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Neobladder problems
Judy so sorry this took so long. I have been out with a bit of surgery, non bladder cancer related this time. They went in using the same suture line they used for the Radical Cystectomy. My surgeon Dr. Stineberg of Chicago University, will use robotic and open if he can he is into least invasive. I hope that things are looking up for you two and this is still reverent.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

10 years 7 months ago #45343 by Judy
I feel like I'm monopolizing you...but one more questions. How did they get to the ureter to repair it? Laproscopically or through the muscle in the abdomen? Thanks, J

10 years 7 months ago #45342 by Judy
That is really encouraging that the stent stayed for awhile and then the blockage was resolved. The urologist/surgeon stopped by to see Bill in the hospital and said we'd talk after the chemo rounds are done and he has a month to bounce back. I asked if a urostomy was on the table and he didn't disagree. BUT, your experience of the stent gives me hope....

Thanks, Cynthia!

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #45332 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Neobladder problems
Judy,

The stent was placed during repair surgery. It stayed in for six weeks and the ureter healed with it in place.

When you get a kidney infection it whacks you hard. You two are in the thick of the battle that is for sure. He is lucky to have you. When things are coming at you so fast remember that in any battle the key is to deal with what is coming at you and to keep moving forward.

The nice thing about this forum is that it is here 24-7 if you need to talk we are here.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

10 years 7 months ago #45330 by Judy
Thank you for replying! This is my first experience in an online group.

Did you mean that the stent stayed in for a few weeks only and then the problem was resolved? I was told that permanent stents don't work in the urinary tract.

And...new development....last night I took Bill to emergency and he has an infection in the whole urinary system. They will replace the current neph tubes with new ones and he's on antibiotics. It just never ends....

Thanks for your help!

Judy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne