PET scan results

11 years 1 month ago #44165 by jswim789
Replied by jswim789 on topic PET scan results
Is that Dr. 'Tom' Flaig you are working with? I think so and that's quite a coincidence: he's my wife's cousin. I knew he was a doctor but I didn't know his specialty. He could be a resource for me but I'm hoping my case doesn't progress and I don't need to talk to him other than socially. He's really bright and I'd have a lot of confidence in him if he were treating me. Best of luck to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #44164 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic PET scan results
Mike, it's great that you are going to a tumor review board or review board. That way you get all the various specialties input. Jims case went to tumor board 3 times so it seems to help to have all those minds working on your case. As you know, Jim was pretty far along when diagnosed. So, keep on keeping on.

It's great that your doctor is willing to participate in ABCLS Love those docs who will. Take care and keep on keeping on.

11 years 1 month ago #44163 by seabreeze
Replied by seabreeze on topic PET scan results
Mike, we have begun praying for you and will continue. We love your winning approach...you have already won!!!

Love, Prayers and HUGS,

John & Carolyn

11 years 1 month ago #44162 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic PET scan results
You are definitly the man with the plan.
I am glad you plan on living!

If you are happy with this group.... so are we.

Thanks for the update

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 1 month ago #44160 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic PET scan results
Mike...I am finally reading this thread. You will find the oncology nurses will give you a lot of valuable information. They have seen and heard it all. My oncologist ran his own practice for many years but it was just sold to Smilow Cancer Center at Yale in New Haven, CT. Fortunately the whole staff is still there.
Your mouth will get sore from the cisplatin and there is this stuff called Dukes Solution that you swish and spit and it works like a miracle. Zofran keeps the nausea to a minimum. Eat several small meals a day. Don't let your stomach get emptt and stay well hydrated.
You have such a good attitude. You are going to do just great. They don't call usthe warriors for nothing.
Blessings....Jean
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmc

11 years 1 month ago #44159 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic PET scan results
Mike... that is an impressive meeting all around, from your approach in stating your expectations and goals to their response and pulling together a coalition of experts to study your case and progress.

I know you are the king of contract negotiations after that! Well done!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne