NO intestinal segments

17 years 1 month ago #4314 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic NO intestinal segments
I usually asked the surgeon did you sleep well last, everything ok with the wife no arguments, and you did not go out last night to a party did you? lol. And I am not joking here I ask these questions. Best Wishes, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #4313 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic NO intestinal segments

I think it is important to form an alliance with your Doctor, and if you have to be the one to give 75% then, so be it. My first surgeon told me that he always prayed before surgery, and somehow I knew that he and I were plugged in to the same current.  He seemed to like me.  He actually performed 2 TUR's on me and never was able to get enough muscle tissue with either.  He said it was so easy to puncture the bladder. I figured that because he was fond of me, that  he was afraid of hurting me.  That is when I decided that I probably needed to ask the 2nd Opinion Doctor in Chapel Hill to do the biopsy.  He said that it was no big deal to puncture the bladder, it happens.   The 2nd Opinion Doctor claimed to have gotten plenty of muscle tissue. :P

Anyway, ya'll have a good day!

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 1 month ago #4305 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic NO intestinal segments
My Dad was a Veteranarian and my wife is an LPN so I too have a medical background here. Unfortuantely sometimes costly mistakes are made and some Dr's just have no damn bedside manners.
And if you wanna get deep on this issue the human body was not designed to be cut. But now for me with Stage2 G3 bladder cancer what the hail am I suppose to do. Without the chemo and more importantly the surgery I'm a deadman. There are good and bad in any occupation on the face of this earth. Here's what I'm getting at yes through technology and many experiments some cancers are treatable and thank God the medical field has come along way in the field of cancer. But with all this it is just not the Dr's or surgeons that cure the cancer we to as patients are responsible for trying to get cured. With this disease you pick your Uro/Oncologist. If your bladder needs to come out then it is up to you to find a surgeon that not only is good but that you trust. The same with the chemo you pick your Oncologist once again one you trust and comes up with a chemo plan that you want after you hear your options. I got dx with bladder cancer so it was up to me to go out and try to put the best medical team together to try and beat this cause I got one damn life and I am the quarterback here not the Dr's. I could piss and moan why me what the hell did I do to deserve this and that would get me absolutely nowhere.

So having this disease I have educated myself the best I can and as the patient I went out there and did my best to put the best team together I could possibly get to try and beat this. All I can do now is do what these Dr's (the team I assembled) tell me to do and fight and try to stay focused as positive as I can. Sure in the back of anyones head is suppose this does not go right or this happens that's time and energy I am wasting for something that might not happen at all so I use that energy to try and get cured. I got no choice now but to accept that I have bladder cancer, fight, and have faith once again in the team I assembled and the rest is in the Lord's Hands. Keep The Faith, Joe

17 years 1 month ago #4296 by jrcanoe
Replied by jrcanoe on topic NO intestinal segments

My Dad and more Importantly my Uncle who has worked day in and out with these people will be choising my caregivers.
One of my arguments against gun control is that Doctors mistakes and bathrooms in the home each kill ten times the number of people guns do by mistake or on purpose. Maybe we should Outlaw doctors and bathrooms in peoples homes. The truth is controls are lacking and hopefully knowing this it is up to you to protect you and yourns. untill and after resonable measures are put into practise. Some people should not own guns and some should not be doctors and some just need educated. When my Daughter was 6 I made up a milk jug of cherry jello and told her to imagine it was a persons head and shot it with my deer rifle. It was her first lesson in firearm safety and made a lasting impression when it exploded putting jello everywhere. But no matter how hard you try somethings can't be tought , researched or planned away and chance rears it's ugly head and your bathroom eats you. I'm sure one of your hubbies deepest wishes is for you to be happy and guilt and what if are not part of the program. Take care John R.

17 years 1 month ago #4295 by jrcanoe
Replied by jrcanoe on topic NO intestinal segments

Yes I need to learn to use the smileys they will help some. While the anonymity of the net allows me to speak freely it doesn't promote clarity. My standard practice of speaking in analogies, inside jokes and toungs only really works with people who know me and it doesn't help I can't spell for cwap. But if you met me you would understand why I get stuff back like "Come on Eeyore eat your cattle fodder and lets get going" from my teenage daughter.

17 years 1 month ago #4293 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic NO intestinal segments
Speaking of attitudes, the other day I was trying to think of at least one thing about cancer that wasn't entirely awful--and I realized that when the bar is set so low that part of having a good day is not wetting your pants in public, it makes having a good day not that difficult a task.

Plus, we've gotten out of some engagements that I really didn't want to go to in the first place--"sorry, my cancer is acting up...."

There's a great quote from the Dalai Lama: "The enemy is a very good teacher." I'm trying to learn to keep my humanity--and my humor--in what is, as we both know, not the best of all possible worlds.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne