1st Week New Chemo Done

17 years 1 month ago #4283 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic 1st Week New Chemo Done
Well JR I wake up everynight like clockwork just about every 2 hours so you could say I get about 4 naps per night and this is getting old real fast. But at least I get up lol so I don't have wet sheets. And prior to this I had left hip replaced and I had to lay on my back for 6 weeks with pillow between legs what a joy since I love to sleep on my left side. So damn it has been before Sept that I actually had a full nights uniterrupted sleep. All REM means to me now is that band that did that song "Losing My Religion" amongst others remember that band? Take Care, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #4261 by jrcanoe
Replied by jrcanoe on topic 1st Week New Chemo Done

Glad all went Ok. Thanks for the warning; I need Butt Ugly nurses. Wet dreams (which I haven't had in years) wake me up from a sound sleep with burning.(Talk about a rude awakening). Between that and wakeing up to pee I haven't had much REM sleep in a couple months.

17 years 1 month ago #4256 by Mike
1st Week New Chemo Done was created by Mike
Well all I started my new treatmnet plan (High Intensity MVAC) and all went well. The allergic reaction I got from the Gemzar from the first plan that rash is about cleared up. I am off next week and then repeat the following. As I posted Wednesday I got the Methotrexate. Then Thursday was the biggie 4 hrs I got the Visplatin, Adriamycyn, and Cisplatin. Today I just had to go in for a shot of Neulasta part of the chemo to help keep the WBC up. Now I know all these meds ands and tests are expensive I come to find out this shot of Neulasta cost about $2800 wow. I have been told of all the side effects and they said they usually kick in weeks 2-3 so I am prepared for that I just want the chemo do go well. Right now not feeling to bad other then a little lethargic but the wife bought me some comfy pillows :) so a cat nap here and there and all is good. Thankfully when I started the Gemzar and Cisplatin I had 2 rounds in so they counted that as a cycle. I'm at the Univ of Penna and their cancer center is called the Abranson Cancer Center. They have nice recliners comfortable as hail, coffee, soda, snacks, TV with DVD player and some very pretty nurses with personalities to match. Not the place I thought I be comfy at and calling my second home at age 52 but the cards are dealt and I am out to fight and try to win this hand. There are no words to thank you all so far for all your support. Your All In My Prayers, Joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne