Training my new bladder

11 years 11 months ago #41768 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Training my new bladder
I think there is a fine line between "pushing it" and "sloughing" So I guess pushing it a little is better than not doing anything.
The golf swing will come.

You are trully going to be able to say "Cinderella Story. Former cancer patient.... Now about to win the Masters Champiionship"

Keep up the good work

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #41751 by john14108
Replied by john14108 on topic Training my new bladder
Thanks for the info guys. My biggest problem is getting a decent night's sleep. I just got some condom catheters in, I'm going to try to use one maybe every 3rd night just to catch up on sleep. I figure I'll wait til 12th week before really getting back into a golf swing. Thanks for all your support!

John

11 years 11 months ago #41732 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Training my new bladder
John
I have the golf club thing for you. My first 18 hole round was 11 weeks after surgery. Dismal Dismal Dismal.... Shot a 118! There was some leakage but I made it. So will you! Had 3 goals... Golf, Skiing, Road Racing.... Did them all in time. Life does get back to normal. Even sex came around... But took a While indeed.
I still have some nighttime leakage; 3.7 years out. But I have a great partner and she takes it in stride as the "new" normal. I still do keegles at home and I never fear the daytime routine. But even if I hold back on water after dinner..... I sometimes leak.

You Are doing Fine! We are proud of you and you will soon be giving incontinence humor to a whole new generation of survivor.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 11 months ago #41723 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Training my new bladder
Keep up your nightly training regimen as instructed by your doctor. That's the best thing to do.

I don't remember on the golf club. It was a while. Need to be careful of incisional hernia so lifting and swinging should be done with care in the beginning. I'd talk to your surgeon about it because it is different for each of us.

Good luck though. The training can get frustrating at times but keep at it!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 11 months ago #41684 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Training my new bladder
John,

I think Mike wears a Condom Catheter at night. I not sure but he should be on soon to help out.

I am glad to hear things are progressing well for you, and hope they continue to go well. Good luck with the exercises, and keep us posted as how things are going.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 11 months ago #41680 by john14108
Training my new bladder was created by john14108
Hi gang, it's been 5 weeks since my "neo" was installed. I'm starting to get some sensation of when I need to empty it, sometimes I get there in time sometimes I don't. My biggest hurdle is night time leakage. Are there any tricks to it or do I just keep getting up every 60-90 minutes. I'm about to start a very basic exercise regimen that may aid me in the recovery time. Also, for Mike, how long after your surgery did it take you to feel safe swinging a golf club?

Thanks for support guys!!!!!!!!!

John

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne