Recurrence after RC beyond 3 years is very rare

12 years 3 months ago #40522 by dukel
Mike, great to read your good news! It can get very easy for the good news to become common place. I have learned over the last twenty years to try to remind myself after getting that type of news " That I just won the lottery again " Celebrate!
Duke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #40516 by Rockyiss
Hi Mike hard to relize it has already been three years for you, and still you are getting good news! yeaaa.
I understand the follow up stuff your talking about. My husband had large b cell non hodgings lymphoma . He has been cancer free for 3 years so they moved his bloodwork to every six months , and checkups to a year. He just had the bloodwork done but the cancer center had not recieved the results from our local hospital yet. BUT we recieved the bill for the bloodwork ! Go figure. I made several calls and finally got the results and everything was ok. Anddd life goes on. Hopefully for a very long time for you and everyone else on this site ! Rocky

12 years 3 months ago #40510 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Recurrence after RC beyond 3 years is very rare
CONGRATS on another milestone, Mike!!!

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 3 months ago #40509 by Jmema
You have the right attitude Mike. There is no need for extra worry because if it's going to happen, it's going to happen and worry ahead of time is a pure waste. Sure we are always "concerned" a little but that, I think is normal.
BTW...I am one of those "you never met anyone who" people. Example..I had a new car with 30K mile warranty. At 30,100.00 miles the engine blew up. That is but one of many stories. So rare is not a big surprise to me.
Wishing you many years of ALL CLEAR.
Blessings....Jean

12 years 3 months ago #40508 by DougG
Great news for you, Mike. Glad to hear it. And interesting comment from your doctor. Thank you for sharing.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

12 years 3 months ago #40507 by motomike
Mike, Thanks for this post. I reach a very high compression in the days prior to getting results. Now I’m in my 3rd year so I’ll try to relax into it (if possible).

Congratulations on moving beyond this important milestone.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne