Welcoming Danielle

12 years 4 months ago #39884 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic Welcoming Danielle
Danielle....Welcome. You have come to the right place. The help and encouragement from all these wonderful warriors is such a comfort. You sound like a wonderful team with a great attitude.
Blessings.....Jean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #39883 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Welcoming Danielle
Danielle,

It is QUITE impressive that your husband was able to swim and play tennis throughout his treatments. Sounds like you both are fighting this and continuing to enjoy life and your family. :)

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #39867 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Welcoming Danielle
You had posted under another posting but I wanted to give you your own post so we could welcome you two. You both sound like you are handling a difficult situation as well as anyone could. This is a great place to be helped and help other on their journey. I am sorry you have to be with us but welcome to our community.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #39848 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Welcoming Danielle
Welcome Danielle. Thanks for your wonderful post. I love the thought that it is a setback and not defeat. I hope to see you in the forum often sharing your hard earned insights and wisdom. My best to you both...

Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 4 months ago #39846 by danielle
Welcoming Danielle was created by danielle
Hi there, this is the first time I have posted on this wonderful site.(I have been lurking as I felt rather shy to join in, oh well here goes.) I am from Israel. I have been following Al's posts and I feel that he will cope.
In the beginning it is a shock, but we mustn't give up.
We must look at bladder cancer as a setback and definitely not as a defeat.

My husband was diagnosed over two and a half years ago with BC.Complete bladder and prostate removal, after chemo. Unfortunately after 20 months,it is now metastatic BC as earlier this year, following PET CT, a few cells were found in his stomach and one or two lymph nodes also.

Hubby takes this in his stride and is a fighter. He doesn't tell anyone what has happened to him,(not even his close family) Throughout the treatments he continued to play tennis and swimming. Unbelievable isn't it..
Hubby is coping beautifully with his stoma, chemo and radiation treatments. (he completed 25 radiation treatments end of September).Mid December he will do another CT and I am sure all will be fine. He is putting on weight again and his bloods are really great. We take each day as it comes and we plod on really enjoying our grandchildren and life in general. I am 68 and hubby is 71.
We even managed a two week holiday in the UK between Chemo and Radiation treatments.

My heart goes out to Allan as I'm sure he is scared, but once he has got over the first hurdle he will realize that he will pull through with flying colours.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne