Wait time for Radical Cystectomy after Turbt

17 years 1 month ago #3923 by Mike
Jeffry as I found out every case for invassive bladder cancer is different. I would not be overly concerned about 2 more weeks here. You can read my treatment plan under this topic as to why I said this. Best Wishes, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #3921 by wendy
Hi Jeffry,

It seems to me that this isn't an overly-long wait. The guidelines are beginning to recommend that people not let more than 90, and ideally 45 days or less go by before getting surgery for invasive bladder cancer. I know folks who have been forced to wait up to 3 months and it's tough! I had to wait 10 weeks for surgery after my breast cancer dx. Ugh.

Take care,
Wendy

17 years 1 month ago #3907 by timb
Jeffry
Hello again. without knowing the grade and stage it's hard to be specific but waits of this order I don't think are too unusual here in UK. I think I had nearly 2 months between giving up on bladder sparing therapies and my cystectomy. But my illness will differ from your mums. Most decent medics should leave some reasonable margin for error here but if you are concerned then don't be afraid to make a nuisance of youself and call them. One upside of a little delay is that there is a bit of time to mentally prepare, get some nice things/essentials in at home for the post-op period. But if you are worried call them.

All the best

Tim

17 years 1 month ago #3905 by jeffry
Hi

Thank you to everyone who has responded to any of my questions by the way, the support is overwhelming on this site.

Last week my Mom had part of the tumour removed and the DR recommended having the bladder completely removed and that it would be done in 2 weeks and that it was already booked. Yesterday I found out it is in one month. Is this ok to wait that long?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne