Thursday\'s the day.

12 years 11 months ago #37573 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Thursday\'s the day.
Karen, hoping all went well today for both you and your husband!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37536 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Thursday\'s the day.
Karen,
You've got a GREAT doc. And as for l/2 the day on the john..make that 3/4 of the day :laugh: I think i was still sitting there when i had to leave at 5:30 a.m. for my surgery!!
Good luck but you won't need it as you have a very experienced surgeon.
pat

12 years 11 months ago #37531 by karenb
Replied by karenb on topic Thursday\'s the day.
Unfortunately, husband's dr is only in the office in our area on Thurs., and they don't want him to wait a whole extra wk. He's not supposed to be doing a lot of driving, even though he's been doing some, just locally. The other office is almost 45 minutes away. I'll have other family there and he'll be there ASAP. Thanks

12 years 11 months ago #37524 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Thursday\'s the day.
Karen, We will all be thinking of you. You might think about having husband re-schedule 2wk checkup. He needs to be there with you. jmo
Wishing you the best.
Duke

12 years 11 months ago #37523 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Thursday\'s the day.
You are going to do GREAT!!! We'll be here thinking about you!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 11 months ago #37522 by karenb
Thursday\'s the day. was created by karenb
Well this Thurs 4/28 is my surgery date at Univ of Penn w/ Dr. Malkowicz. They are having go in the hospital on Wed for pre op prep. Guess they want to make sure the patient does the bowel prep and diet correctly. So, to me, Wed is like a vacation day, other than sitting in the bathroom half the time. Sit back watch tv and read, no 3 grandson bugging me to go out and help him dig for earthworms. Hopefully, he'll get his fill of worms tomorrow, since his greatgrandmom and Mom don't dig for worms and grandpop just had rotator cuff surgery 2 1/2 wks ago. In fact, my husband has his 2 wk ck up on Thurs also. He was hoping to get early appt then head over to hospital, but they only had 11:30AM open. So, I'm kind of hoping they don't start my surgery too early, give him time to get there. Not that I'll know what time he arrives if I'm already knocked out. I'm going to have my daughter post updates till I can get back on. Have to email her all my login info. Thank you to all who have traveled this road before me, for posting all the info that has helped me be prepared for this day. You are great friends.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne