Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men

13 years 2 weeks ago #37192 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
George
Your humor and positive outlook are important to us here. Wonderful news for you and from you travels across the country online. I might be a bit jittery in mid May so I am always glad you and the others are here.

Cheers
Motomike

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #37187 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
George,

Congrats. I don't check the invasive board often but, had to read your thread. Love your humour! Keep us all laffing!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

13 years 2 weeks ago #37177 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
Thank you ALL !!!!

I am so sorry for the delay in sending the news. Audrey and I were SOOOOOO glad to hear the news that we drove straight to the Fresh Market to get a bunch of hor-deurves for a ski holiday.

Yes we are still skiing. I have only been a couple of times this year. I have been a little skittish with my new hip and all. But.....I told my wife that I would be good and ski with care.

HA!!!! HA !!!! I lied!

Got caught up with a group of youngsters, and "WE Celebrated....Downhill Style!!"

I am sore from the top of my head to the tip of my toes!!!

I also had a VERY bad SQUEEEEEELLLL from my Hip joint! Every step I made was as if I had no grease in the ball joint! Called the Doc and he asked if I was overdoing it! I said "Hell Yes!!! Of course I was over doing it! I was Celebrating!" He told me it would stop in a day or so... not to worry.

I always said I wanted a zerk fitting in that joint anyway.

I certainly believe that life is a deck of shuffled cards. It's all in how you play the Aces... they can be lows or highs. Just get out there and play them with gusto.

Audrey also just signed me up for the Watkins Glen race weekend this year. I will have a new avatar after that visit. I will not beat the young guns, but my possee will put on a better cheering section.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I cannot express how surprised I was at the # of posts. This is a great group of people and I hope ALL of your checkups are Clear.. Until the next one; as Mike says, We are all cancer free

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 3 weeks ago #37168 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
So glad to hear the good news George! And all the snow ended up our way (Maine). We got over 12 inches where we live. To make maters worse, our plow guy accidentally plowed up a big hunk of the asphalt in our driveway, out where it hits the street, and then proceeded to plow up part of the lawn.

I go for my 6-month cysto later this month, and hope (plan) to join you in the good news group.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

13 years 3 weeks ago #37167 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
George, great news. Even with it back to raining here in Oregon today, your news makes it seem sunny. When i keep telling people to celebrate; sushi, etc, is not what i had in mind. But if it works for you???
Duke

13 years 3 weeks ago #37166 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
George
I'm smiling a great big ear to ear smile for you!!!!! Congrats!!!
Also I love your choice of PARTY FOODS. Sushi, blue stilton, smoked fish (i love whitefish and salmon) and chocolate
Hey George are you a closet gourmet??????
Again so HAPPY and GRATEFUL for your good news
Julie

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne