Update on Dad, stage 4

13 years 3 months ago #35806 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Update on Dad, stage 4
Hello Gina... I am very happy to hear about the bone scan results. Every good report is a victory in itself and attention can now be focused exactly where it is needed.

Have you browsed through the "Men and Bladder Cancer" forum? There is some discussion there about the various diversions that may be informative. It is a very difficult time to have to make such a serious decision, so I know how helpful some insight from those who have been there can be.

Your dad and I are about the same age. I wish all the best for his treatment and positive outcome.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #35796 by ginagrothe
Update on Dad, stage 4 was created by ginagrothe
We went today and Dad had his 3rd chemo session. The bone scan came back negative, we were so thankful!! The oncologist said his cancer is a stage 4 since it is in his bladder and lymph nodes.

We meet with his surgeon next week to determine when his surgery will be. Dad is still on the fence about the Neo or bag. He is concerned he will not be able to cath the Neo and it sounds like a really complex surgery. His Dr. out of Miami Univ. does perfoem the Neo and said he would be a good candidate because he is only 55.

The oncologist said he has a very agressive cancer and they will most likely do chemo after his surgery, because the cancer tends to spread to a new area. We are staying positive and just trying to accept and move forward. I am hoping to get Dad on this site for the positive reinforcement and wonderful advice you all share. If anyone has had success with stage 4 please share so I can pass it on to Dad...God Bless :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne