weight loss

13 years 2 months ago #35675 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic weight loss
Thank you again, all for the support. That's what this forum is the very best with...support for all of us. I will take the advice to not fret over this too much and just keep giving him my love and support too! Next Tues is Jim's CT after 4 rds of his cisplatin and gemzar chemo post op. I am edgy about the results but have faith that this too will be good. Jim is very strong as a person and very positive in his thinking. We all know how much that matters. Thanks again for being there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #35616 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic weight loss
You mentioned insulin and had almost forgotten that I was on it for a time until my readings returned to a more normal level. I had a feeling the liquid diet had something to do with it although I was type 2 about a year before the bladder thing.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

13 years 2 months ago #35613 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic weight loss
Jims wife; Been there, done that more then once with chemo and weight loss. My advice is don't worry to much over it. The human
body is a lot tougher then one may think.
Duke

13 years 2 months ago #35598 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic weight loss
:laugh: OM Gosh, I have the "when hell freezes over section" in my closet as well! I thought maybe I was alone in that!

Thanks again for the info. I am just trying right now to maintain Jim's energy level and his weight where it is. Not keep losing. In one week he lost 4 lbs alone. That seemed pretty amazing even to me!

13 years 2 months ago #35593 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic weight loss
I lost 20lbs after my RC from the time in hospital and could have used some more. I would be very careful about "trying" to gain weight back. I managed to do it without even trying plus about 15 more. Now working to get back to my post RC weight and maybe about 15 lbs below that to get to the weight on my drivers license. That might get me into the pants in my closet that are in the "when hell freezes over" section.

You're right - RC is a tough way to diet, but take advantage of it.

Lee

13 years 2 months ago #35588 by BillM
Replied by BillM on topic weight loss
Funny thing you should mention Diabetes… The morning of my RC it was like at 85. 24 hours later after the surgery it was 195 and I was started on insulin. During that week in the hospital with the insulin it stayed high. Finally it started to come down and we stopped with the shots. Day of release it was normal. What a wild ride for 6 days. Dr said surgery and chemo close together really effect internal organs and post surgery can be a mixed bag of new things. Blood work for post op appointment 2 ½ weeks later, blood sugar levels were still normal.

5.24.10 Final staging T2G3 7.28.10 Started Gemcitabine, Cisplatin neoadjunctive chemotherapy
11.2.10 RC with NEO 11.18.11 First year CT shows possible liver tumor
12.8.11 Confirmation of TCC BC mets to the liver 6.27.12 Final round of Dose Dense MVAC
7.26.12 Final scans showed no tumor or no...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne