scared and confused

12 years 5 months ago #39710 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic scared and confused
CeCe,
please start your own post. We have no idea if you have non-invasive or invasive bladder cancer. You talk of chemo yet talk about another round which makes me think you have non-invasive and are actually talking about BCG which is not chemotherapy.
If you know your pathology please let us know so we can help. I understand you went to the U. of Chicago initially. Dr. David Steinberg there top uro and its also a teaching hospital. I understand you are in Florida now and looking for a facility. We can help with that but need to know your status...What was your initial diagnosis? Did you see your pathology report?
Thanks
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #39701 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic scared and confused
Hello Cece... I'm so sorry to hear that you believe your cancer may be back. If you would like, please start a new thread about yourself in the forum so we can post to you directly about your situation. As you pointed out, this is a great place to share things we are not comfortable discussing with our families because it worries them so much, or they just can't understand. Good luck with your doctor appointment today.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 5 months ago #39695 by cece
Replied by cece on topic scared and confused
It will be okay chemo is so bad, minus the sickness and all. Family will get you threw this too! I believe mine just came back after 3 years and am pretty nervous for my sons sake. Its never fun hearing the doctor say "time for another round" My step dad had bladder cancer three times wayyy before me. I knew what to expect and how miserable chemo was gonna be... I suggest doing research to prepare yourself. usually you get mad amounts of pain killers, epidural is awesome! keep in touch, I feel we relate in our stories-cece

12 years 5 months ago #39694 by cece
Replied by cece on topic scared and confused
It will be okay chemo is so bad, minus the sickness and all. Family will get you threw this too! I believe mine just came back after 3 years and am pretty nervous for my sons sake. Its never fun hearing the doctor say "time for another round" My step dad had bladder cancer three times wayyy before me. I knew what to expect and how miserable chemo was gonna be... I suggest doing research to prepare yourself. usually you get mad amounts of pain killers, epidural is awesome! keep in touch, I feel we relate in our stories-cece

12 years 5 months ago #39471 by michael305
Replied by michael305 on topic scared and confused
Hello Roger its been a year and 1 month since i had my bladder and prostate removed. I have a neo bladder. I am a young 48 yr old and although it was a hard start i am 100% back on my feet and you could not tell by looking at me what i have experienced. my doctor Michael Koch checked over 67 nodes and determined I would not need chemo.I have been back to work since Nov of 2010 and am living a normal life. if you feel the need to talk over the phone feel free to pm me for I have done so with a few already. keep active in these forums these folks here become like family and are a great source of info and just great people.

mike,

12 years 5 months ago #39467 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic scared and confused
Roger,
What on earth are you undecided about? surgery or death?
Everyone is scared..not a one of us went into this not scared.
But you do not want to mess with small cell carcinoma of the bladder. You've gone to a top bladder cancer center and hopefully are with Kamat, Grossmann or Dinney and get that bladder out. They are experts. They are great at nerve sparing.
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne