Webs Normal??????????

13 years 8 months ago #33436 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic Webs Normal??????????
Hey George, me too.

It does keep getting better, but very very slowly. Daytime I am down to some very slight seepage, mostly in the afternoon and early evening. Most of the day I am 'usually' rock solid, but its enough to keep me on a light pad for now. Kind of frustrating since I seem to be very close.

At night I could say I was fully continent, if I got up every two hours. But my sleep cycle keeps increasing and now I will go to as much as 3 1/2 hrs and need a heavier pad for protection. Nighttime is more like chasing a shifting finish line.

About all you can do is bear with it and keep trying to mark the improvements on the way.

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #33433 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Webs Normal??????????
Yes, this is the new you! Maybe it is the OLD you! Just maybe it is Just YOU! :laugh: :laugh: Who cares. Just BE YOU!

It is the you you have become. Since we all are shaped by our experiences, then you, are YOU!

I have enjoyed your "rambling blogs." They are purely honest and we can "all relate."

So, you are 9 months out and still having that old leak problem. Don't worry, it will go away. I am 2 years out and I can't wait to get rid of incontinence. I guess this is natures way of letting us know that we have been through quite an experience, and we need reminders from time to time. Although I would like to change the reminder from 2am to sometime during working hours. :laugh:

Glad to have you back, girl. Keep up the free thinking and we'll keep on reading and snickering :lol: Not really

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 8 months ago #33432 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic Webs Normal??????????
I always enjoy reading your blogs. You are indeed so honest about your feelings and that in itself is an inspiration. Forget everyone else because they really don't have a clue of what is happening with you and that I know includes myself.

Maybe you are at that new normal, but just don't know it because it is new??

Wish I had great insight to help, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers,
Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

13 years 8 months ago #33429 by Webs
Webs Normal?????????? was created by Webs
** This thread discusses the content article: Webs Normal?????????? **

I have not written a blog in a while not because I have nothing to say, but because I have to many things I want to say about bladder cancer.  I kept trying to narrow the topic but couldn't.    So I have decided to ramble on and see what happens.  Hope I don't bore you.  Consider yourself warned, read no further if you are expecting anything logically written.  Some of it is whining, some of it is funny, mostly it's just me.

It has been 9 months since my Radical Cystectomy.  Still waiting for that new normal everyone keeps talking about.  Doctor keeps saying give it a year, hubby keeps asking when I will be back to normal, and I just want to SCREAM!  Maybe this is my new normal.  One month I'm continent, the next month completely incontinent, the next week partially continent.  Sometimes I have to cath sometimes I don't.  There is no pattern.  I know the chemo probably put off  the whole schedule, but I'd like to see some progress.  Sheesh!!!!!

My next topic is people and how blind they are.  I've actually been told by several people since I started treatment for bladder cancer that I have changed so much.  They say I am serene, or so calm and in charge, or some other horse pucky like that.  Calm? Serene? In charge?  Are they nuts!!!!!  Do they know how many drugs have been pumped into my system since this all started?  Hello repeat after me drug haze equals all of the above.  Now that my brain is coming out of the fog I'm a gibbering mess.  Now I'm supposed to be this person?  Oh well they will have to get over it.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne