Looking for a Good Surgeon

13 years 8 months ago #33114 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Looking for a Good Surgeon
Hi Jon,
Not a lot in Jersey. There is one but he kind of specializes more in renal. Dr. Sawzchuk
tinyurl.com/2b3nspm
you may have to register to read this with urotoday..but its free and a great link to have anyway.
The best of the best are in the NYC area. Memorial Sloan has some of the top docs in the field of bladder cancer and also the top pathologists. You want them checking every gene and marker and MSK does that. With T1G3 it is not invasive yet but there are certain markers that make it advisable to take the bladder before it does become invasive. I would definately seek a second opinion there. If you want one of the top guys in the field who has probably written more than anyone its Dr. Harry Herr. He's no nonsense and not the greatest at bedside manner. If bedside manner is important..Dr. Bochner gets great reviews.
Dr. Herr
www.mskcc.org/prg/prg/bios/54.cfm
Dr. Bochner
www.mskcc.org/prg/prg/bios/616.cfm
Dr. Herr did my re-TURB and i credit him with saving my life. This was 8 l/2 yrs ago before anyone was recommending re-TURBS. He got all of the tumor left by my local surgeon and the margins that were left. That gave me some time to think of diversions as it all happened so quickly in my case.
Hope this helps.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #33113 by Jon
Looking for a Good Surgeon was created by Jon
Hi,
I am new diagnosed with bladder cancer (high grade/invasive, T1 Stage 3). Have had a TUR 2 months ago.
Now, trying to find the best skilled surgeon in the NY/NJ area to increase outcome results (including erectile dys, bladder reconstruction/neo-bldder and nerve sparing technique) & minimize risk of complication/failure.
I live in NJ but would travel to NYC if necessary. Thank you in advance for any helpful information.
All the best,
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne