Ileal Conduit

13 years 10 months ago #32182 by alsimons
Replied by alsimons on topic Ileal Conduit
Interesting Jeff. I have to wear long pants at work and wear my leg bag from the knee down. Like you I wear shorts when off duty and empty as needed. At night I connect to the overnight bag and have just recently spent a wonderful 5 hours straight sleeping which I haven't done in years.

As I mentioned earlier......I am a happy camper.

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32181 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic Ileal Conduit
Yes, I can do an emergency repair in 10 minutes flat now. I am pretty religious about changing within 4 days. Some guys go longer, but that is just me. I drove 4 hours to a meeting, pulled up to the hotel and 'whooosh' it bottomed out. It was a scramble, with wife helping, but I made the change in the hotel lot and was ready to go in 10. I have leg bags, but have never tried them. I might on the next trip, except I am usually in shorts and it extends down to my knee.

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

13 years 10 months ago #32172 by alsimons
No I have the adominal bag which connects to the leg bag. My job requires me to sit in many meetings. At times they can get rather lengthy and back to back. Since I drink a lot of fluids the leg back gives me greater capacity. Before I started using it my abdominal bag would get full and pull a bit. Also I find the leg bag easier to empty as I do not don't have to unzip or worry about drips.

Plus driving to the SW Florida Bladder Cancer Support group which is about 250 miles away means I don't have to stop....round trip.
Unless of course the wife is with me. :blink:

I believe you will find it is personnel preferances as a lot of others don't use it.

Al

13 years 10 months ago #32171 by jillo
Replied by jillo on topic Ileal Conduit
Al, i'm just curious. Do you wear a leg bag all the time? Is there a reason you don't wear the abdomen bag?

13 years 10 months ago #32166 by alsimons
Yes Jeff I forgot to add that. I now carry a Man bag around with me that has a everything I need for a emergency change. Did have one accident at work when I went to empty the leg bag and when I pulled down the sock it opened the drain valve. Ugh went home and got clean socks and shoes.

Al

13 years 10 months ago #32151 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic Ileal Conduit
It's been over 2 years and no infections or problems yet. Only problem I have is letting the bag go too long. I keep a change of clothes with me with wipes, new bag and seal, powder, at all times!

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne