JOINING THE 6 MONTH CLUB

14 years 1 week ago #31002 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic JOINING THE 6 MONTH CLUB
Fantastic news George - congrats! Not a fun day until you got the results, but the results speak for themselves - CANCER FREE! I hope I can do as well as you have in the long run.

All of you on here are an inspiration to me, you folks are amazing. Your strength, positive outlooks, willingness to help, and compassion are truly incredible in every way. I feel lucky to have your support.

Have a great Sunday and an even better week!

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #31001 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic JOINING THE 6 MONTH CLUB
It is always great to read your posts and even though they put you through the ringer.... you are cancer free and have a great summer to look forward to.
Congratulations and hope your feeling good enough to celebrate.
Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #31000 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic JOINING THE 6 MONTH CLUB
George,
congrads on your good news.
If we couldn't laugh our way through this we would never make it.
Duke

14 years 1 week ago #30998 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic JOINING THE 6 MONTH CLUB
George, Congrats on the great news!!!!!!!!!
I also took the warm fuzzy feeling CT ride yesterday.
All clear for me as well. Let's party like it's 1999.
Geeze, showing my age here.

Wienerschnitzel for everyone!

Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

14 years 1 week ago #30989 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic JOINING THE 6 MONTH CLUB
WOW! Sounds like your docs like to make you EARN your "All Clear".

Still....it was ALL CLEAR! Great news on that. Have a beer, an E.D. pill and a bit of a celebration (once your headache and sea-sickness go away).

I'm one of the lucky few that just gets a warm feeling when the contrast goes in, no real taste in the mouth from it and the milkshake they make me drink is just vanilla (and I like vanilla). So, I'm usually feeling just as good going home as I did when I got there.

AND, if your E.D. pills work, then you are ahead on that front too. I have to use the shot. :blush:

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 1 week ago #30986 by GKLINE
JOINING THE 6 MONTH CLUB was created by GKLINE
Well, it has been a Reallly Full Day!
7am; Drink 32 oz of pina colada flavored barium. (I hate coconut flavor)
9am; put on the Dress hospital gown and enter the CT scan chamber and find out they are going to inject the warm black dye that also tastes soooo good (feelin the pina colada special start to rumble)
9:15am In and out and In and out, and breathe, and hold breath, and feel the dye flow all through the system and that really nice taste in your mouth. (pina colada is rumblin')

9:45am get off the moving CT bed (I have that seasick-on-land feeling)

10:00am Go to The Radiation man. Chest Xray; arms up (pina colada also about up)

Drive to Urologist and check in......need bathroom.... BAD!!!.... They have to check to see if I CAN use the restroom.....They need another sample you know!
"OK Mr. Kline. You are ALLOWED to use the facility! But you gotta fill the cup!" Thanks a LOT!

10;45am .......CYSTOSCOPE! Yeah Baby! But things are OK!

1130am After a battery of tests and analysis of earlier tests, Sr Mian comes in and we have a rundown of my last 2 years of cancer experience and all of the issues and tests that have brought us to this stage (But he and his assistant are smiling through this reading of the charges)

11:50 My sentence has been amended; "Go Forth and Have Great fun! Don't do anything I won't Do!(Maybe a FEW things)Go into the world and rejoice in health!"

12:15 Left the urologist's office with my new everpresent prescription for E..Disfunction. With the words of the "Man" ,..... "We DON"T WANT TO SEE YOU HERE FOR SIX (6) Count 'em ....SIX MONTHS!!!!!

2:00 Massive headache from all the STUFF that they put inside me to make sure I feel better.

My analysis......."Why do they take a person who feels GREAT, Make him take a bunch of stuff GUARANTEED to make him feel like crap .... AND THEN send me into the world with a pat on the back, ready to face the perfect spring day with the need to Blow Chow for the next 24 hours?"

I just thought all of you needed to know that even GREAT NEW comes with a side effect.

I'm on Parole; Six months with benefits for Good Behavior! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne