Studer fears

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #30652 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Studer fears
3 months before I had the confidence not to wear protection out in public during the day after cath removal. I was really mostly leak free after about 6 weeks after cath was removed. Now 9 months post op. Still dry during the day, with minor leakage at night. I get up once a night to void.

It's not the end of the world. We ALL are going to leak sooner or later. Still a small price to pay to still be on this planet.
Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #30635 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Studer fears
Rick, this was far from my biggest worry going in. Once my cath
came out in less then a week i had almost total control during
the day. Was able to wake myself every two or three hours at night to go. Ten weeks out, dry doing the day, but wear a pad
for insurance. Still get up once or twice at night with just a
little leaking. Still hoping to improve this, but if this is all i have to worry about i'll be happy!
Hang in there.
Duke

14 years 1 month ago #30617 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Studer fears
My experience has been a rollercoaster of change.
Right after the catheter came out I was not able to move an inch without going.
After about 6 months I was able to have complete control both day and night... Hooooray!

I am now almost 18 months out and KERBLAM! I suddenly can't go through the night without wetting the bed! I have tried stopping all fluid intake after 7 pm and that doesn't help. I have been back to doing keegle exercises and it doesn't seem to help! I am back to wearing Depends at night.

But, I am NOT complaining! I will just have to adjust.... and ask my Dr. when I go in next month.

If this is the worst I have to contend with.....I am certainly golden!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 1 month ago #30616 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Studer fears
Rick,
Results can vary greatly from person to person, but I will tell you my experience. I had very little control for two weeks following my neobladder surgery. After that continence came on quite quickly. At 4 weeks I had very good control durring the day with only very slight leakage. By about 6 weeks I had no daytime leakage at all. Night time was another story. It took me about 3 months to get good control at night. I then went through almost 8 months of having occasional accidents at night and then that cleared up also. I am now almost 4 years out and have total continence durring the day. As far as night time, I still have very slight leakage once in a while, so I wear a pad at night just in case. I feel that my life is as normal now as it was before my sugery. Hope this helps ease your concern. Good luck on your upcomming surgery.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

14 years 1 month ago #30606 by Hox
Studer fears was created by Hox
Scheduled for March 17. If all goes as planned Studer should be successful outcome. Funny, the thing that has me the most depressed and fearful is the incontinence and how long it will take to get some, if not complete control. Would help to hear about the timeline for others. Doing so many kegal sets in a day that I think I am now doing them in my sleep... Rick Hawkes Victoria BC

Rick

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne