OK..throw one more thing at me .see if i care

14 years 2 weeks ago #30768 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic OK..throw one more thing at me .see if i care
Pat,

You have been going through so much lately and yes, cancer sucks! Just wanted you to know that I am wishing you the best.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #30741 by dukel
Melodie; I didn't mean it to sound that way. I didn't really
do anything! I had some Doctors and nurses that were amazing,
and a wife that was and is amazing. They had the hard part.
Only wanted Pat to know that it's still possible to get through
even something that is as tough as what she is facing.
Pat, you're right on with the head in the sand and the chocolate. Sometimes we just have to forget it all for a while!
My get away was always sleep.
Praying you get good news and are doing better.
Duke

14 years 2 weeks ago #30725 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic OK..throw one more thing at me .see if i care
Duke,

Thanks for sharing. You are amazing! We all, also know how amazing Pat is, so we are expecting good results after the dust settles.

Pat,

Have some chocolate for me; I have given it up for awhile but having done so hasn't helped me to lose any weight. So maybe I should at least allow myself some of the healthy dark chocolate.

I saw a gal who had the perfect bumper sticker for some of us. It read, "If I must die, let it be death by chocolate." :) Sounds like a good plan...OD on chocolates.

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 3 weeks ago #30702 by Hox
Pat: There is little one can say at a time like this. I may not be able to be in touch after my RC but I will be thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome to all of your struggles. Rick

Rick

14 years 3 weeks ago #30701 by dukel
Pat; have been following your latest posts. First i want you to know we are all pulling for you. Am praying lung scan is not
cancer! But no matter what it is it,s not time to give up the fight. I had bone cancer in '91/'92, odds were not good. Lung
cancer in '99 / '00, odds were even worse. Now bladder cancer.
I'm beginning to think i,m going to die of old age with no parts left. Someone up there don't want me to join them.
I've had people say " well thats not fair you've had three
cancers" NO! Whats not fair is i've had so many loved ones and
friends, who were not able to make it through one cancer. That's not to say i have not gotten very down, worried, cried,
even been ready to die from chemo. But i am still here for
some reason. Hey i don't know way i keep pulling through.I'm just thankful i am the one getting cancer, and not my loved ones. I,m praying that your tests come back negative.
I hope your son fines another job and does ok. Right now i have a unemployed grandson living with us and you know what,
there are times i think it's for a reason?
Wishing both you and your son the best!
Duke

14 years 3 weeks ago #30699 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic OK..throw one more thing at me .see if i care
Oh Melodie...its gotten way too complicated. I can't even talk about it. I'm waiting on a second opinion from a thoracic surgeon at The Cleveland Clinic. Scar on my lung which i've had forever has grown 1ml....and it lit up like a christmas tree with the PET scan. I did have that horrible cold after my breast surgery that went on for over a month and infection can cause a false positive......i'm hoping for that one. In the meantime radiation is on hold. I can barely contemplate my fate so i stick my head in the sand and eat chocolate and try not to think about it.
Cancer Sucks!
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne