My turn....going in for a little rework/repair.

14 years 3 months ago #29009 by Cynthia
Mike,

So happy to hear you are on the upward trail and on the way home. Just for your information this thread has had almost 4200 hits. As it is getting so long I hope you don't mind if I lock it now and let you start a new one now that you are home.

You are in my thoughts!

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The topic has been locked.
14 years 3 months ago #28984 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic My turn....going in for a little rework/repair.
Mike glad to see you'll be home, hospitals stink they are life savers but it sucks compared to being home.

Rudy
14 years 3 months ago #28982 by mmc
I had Lima beans with dinner the night before surgery. I think it was a skin. It was baby lima beans so I imagine I don't chew each one individually.

Still mostly clear liquids today.

I go home tomorrow. This was much more difficult than expected.
There was stasis in the kink area and infection present. I guess this could have gotten significantly worse had I not gone forward with treatment.

Thanks again to all!

Mike :P

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
14 years 3 months ago #28981 by Melodie
Mike,

Good to hear you are on the mend. It seems like there is always one of us having some kind of follow-on issue. I was initally scheduled for surgery the Tuesday prior to Turkey Day to have bladder stones removed, but surgeon wanted that week off. And I'm glad he did. I'm going to try to hold off until next spring or summer...figure the stones won't grow that much.
Anyway, thanks for the update; you seem to always keep things in perspective and have a great attitude...and maybe I'm a little less scared of the word "hernia" now. Anyway, I always enjoy reading your comments. Take care. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright
14 years 3 months ago #28980 by Patricia
ummmmmm Mike....on the discharge papers they really should put "chew" your food!...a Lima bean..really?
Hope this surgery gets you back on track. I had a second surgery and truthfully it was worse than the first one..silly ileum got caught under my uteter. At least you're lucid..i lost 2 l/2 weeks to Fentynal...thats when my evil twin took over my body!!
Protect that new scar..no more hernias. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.........Pat
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #28976 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic My turn....going in for a little rework/repair.
Mike, Sounds like redoing all the plumbing will work out fine for you. I hope all goes well and that you will be able to return to normal ASAP. A lima bean? I wonder how long ago you ate that?
Once your out and back on your feet I am hoping we can get together again over coffee and chat about our war stories.
:P
Rudy
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne