Experienced w/ bladder stones and/or fistula ?

14 years 5 months ago #28441 by Melodie
Pat,

I'll be just fine. It must be a very small hole if they couldn't get a good photo of it, and I've had no infection of any kind. And I'm trying again to get Ms. Rosebud adjusted to fresh lemon in her daily diet. I took one of the stones that I had saved (from last surgery) and placed it in a container with lemon juice and sure enough, that little rascal totally disintergrated. :) So I think the lemons will really help if I can just get this lovely urinary system to adapt.

My doctor says there is alot of debate in regard to the subject of fistulas...and he would tend to take a conservative approach and do nothing as long as I'm not having any problems.
We can't expect them to fix or repair something they can't even get a good photo on...and maybe I'll get lucky and it will repair itself. Thanks for your concern. Right now, I just want you to focus on yourself, and get to SK. Hugs,

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #28392 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Experienced w/ bladder stones and/or fistula ?
uuuuuuuuuuh........MELODIE...what about the fistula? Is he going to wait until it just gets larger so he can find it or you can get a massive infection from your intestines emptying into your pouch? I'm in search of a doctor for you and you will go.
:woohoo: Pat

14 years 5 months ago #28387 by Melodie
Mike,

Well, I didn't show him my stoma...he probably would have thought I was reaching for a gun. Just this week we had an officer shoot a drunk in the back, 8 times, for no good reason. The officer with him, couldn't believe it. Besides which, Rosebud, is very particular about who she allows to view her. I'm sure if I had started talking to him about an Indy pouch, he would have been clueless...probably would not have believed there is such a thing as BC.

Anyway...good news in regard to the stone surgery. The stone expert, who was to partner with my doctor, is gone all Thanksgiving week....hence, no surgery now on schedule for me. My doctor told me that when I was ready, to let him know.
:laugh: Well, I'm thinking that will be a good while. If they predict I will continue to produce stones, I would much rather go in every other year and have larger stones removed, than to have it done every year, removing smaller ones. ;)

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 5 months ago #28365 by mmc
I don't know.... If I was a cop (which I'm not) and pulled somebody over for speeding and they showed me the ileal conduit bag, I'd have to say something along the lines of: "I guess you get a double ticket, since you obviously don't have an urgent need to go to the bathroom! It's going in the bag." :D

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 5 months ago #28361 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Experienced w/ bladder stones and/or fistula ?
Good luck with your surgery Melodie! I'm so glad you have not been troubled with infections through all of this.

Betsy Mae

14 years 5 months ago #28360 by inTransition
Replied by inTransition on topic Experienced w/ bladder stones and/or fistula ?
Seriously, though, Melodie, I am sorry you have hit this rough patch. You'll have my healing thoughts directed toward you between now and your post surgery.

Diagnosed Stage 3 March 09.
RC August 09 at MD Anderson, TX
Ileal Conduit (Bag Lady)
Age 52

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne