digestive trac

14 years 6 months ago #27992 by mikeg
Replied by mikeg on topic digestive trac
FWIW, I get up 2 or 3 times night every 3-4 hours. This is much better than before the surgery when I had to pee all the time day and night! One of the positive unintended consequences of the surgery is that I actually go less often and do not have the discomfort that I lived with before the neo.

One more of life's mysteries.
Mike

Michael
Age 58
Stage T2-T3, muscle invasive
Married to Eileen
2 sons, ages 20 and 23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #27991 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic digestive trac
Jim Thanks for the info. I do not know what kind of Nerve saving they did on me, I never heard that terminolgy before. I can tell you not enough to get er done yet, But I am 10 years older than you. But I was very active pryer to RC. Hope the cathing works for you. I do piss real good have located the rite muscles to get er done. DonDon

Hanging in there!

14 years 6 months ago #27988 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic digestive trac
Lee, I'm about 5 months since surgery. I am 98% dry during the day. Like you said, nights are a different story. If a wanted to get up, and go every three hours, I guess my nights would be dry.
So i get up at least once (4-5 hours after going to bed), and my underwear isn't too heavy. If I get up twice, it is very light.
I have not slept through the night yet, but can imagine it wouldn't be too pretty.

Don, I have scare tissure issues with the Urethra to bladder connection. I cath to encourage the scare tissue to grow out, instead of in. So far it is working. Still have a pretty good stream. Capsule Sparing is were the remove the inside, and leave the outside. It's like taking the inside of an orange, and leaving the part you peel. Thus leaving all the nerves, etc.
Hope this helps
Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

14 years 6 months ago #27980 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic digestive trac
Odd that someone would tell you the mucous would be gone Jim. The Neo is a piece of intestine that naturally and routinely produces mucous. That won't change. I have always been told that is a permanent addition.

By the way, I am about 18 months out on my neo. Ok during the day although I still wear a very light pad for security. At night, I suppose it depends on your definition of continent, but I'm doing ok and still am getting improvement.

LeeH

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #27973 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic digestive trac
WOW both you guys are doing great, Jim I am wondering why you have to cath sometimes and other times you do not have to. I had My RC done robotic but what is capsul prostae I thought we all had to have prostate removed with RC. Maybe I was tolded wrong or maybe this is new? Don

Hanging in there!

14 years 6 months ago #27972 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic digestive trac
Boy Mike.............2 years out, and still have mucus??? I must have been mislead. Most have told me 6 months to a year, and it would be gone. But I haven't had any digestive problems. Erections have returned after 4 months. I still have to cath every other day due to scare tissue issues. Should be able to stop that in December. Keep up the good work, Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne