Further Adventures of Colonoscopy with Pat

14 years 8 months ago #27104 by Nix
I am so sorry you have to go thru all this ugh!I am happy you are going for a second opinion. A wise lady once told me to be SURE to ALWAYS get a second opinion...Oh wait that was you!:laugh: I am sure what the doctor charges insurance and co pay will be enough to get a new shirt.
Hope you get some relief soon,

Nix

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27101 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Further Adventures of Colonoscopy with Pat
If he had a shirt to change into then it has happened before. Probably one of the hazards of doing colonoscopies I would think. Not eat red meat I wonder what that is supposed to accomplish.
Have you had gall bladder attacks before? I know the disincentives of going to the hospital. I hope you can get a handle on your abdominal pain and avoid any trips to the sick ward.

xxoo julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

14 years 8 months ago #27096 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Further Adventures of Colonoscopy with Pat
Pat,

Thanks for the update...doesn't sound like things are getting much better. I think that as long as the doctors can put a name on some complaint, they feel better...but of course, we usually don't. How is Hal doing now with all this excitement being directed elsewhere...jealous, I suppose. Anyway, keep the faith. You'll win out over the doctors and the pain. Hugs,

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 8 months ago #27093 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Further Adventures of Colonoscopy with Pat
tortuous for him i guess.....i owe him a shirt apparently as he had to change his after trying to get through. Yes i talked with him yesterday...he had no solutions except to not eat red meat. Now i'm up with a gallbladder attack as i got a bit to zealous in trying to up my food intake...i've lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks.....apparantly my system is not in favor of that also. So here i am up at 5:46 in the a.m. belching and taking Ativan to slow the spasms and eventually probably send me to a coma...honestly i don't care at this point. I'm not going to the hospital..there are sick people in there!:S
i hope you feel better Julie...Mayo is #1 in gasto and Cleveland is #2..we'll see what they come up with.
xxoo Pat

14 years 8 months ago #27092 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Further Adventures of Colonoscopy with Pat
Pat, I think tortuous was the word used about my sigmoid colon during the colonoscopy that wasn't prior to my surgery. Not able to go further because of looping might be accurate. Did you see the gastro or just get the report? I think you need to discuss it with him.

A second opinion is a good idea. I need to get a first opinion. I couldn't get an appointment at the University Medical Center until November and the gastro who tried to do a colonoscopy on me is no longer there. I have a couple of friends here with medical backgrounds who have one so will try and find one that can see me in a more timely basis. I'm still having periodic troubles. Went through another night and day this week of intense pain. Gah!
Hugs, Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

14 years 8 months ago #27087 by Patricia
Well that was a lot of fun.....seems i have a "tortuous" sigmoid area. severe diverticulosis. It appears that part of this area must be fixed, perhaps adhesions are external. WELL YEAH ..after pulling out everything that used to be in that area i suspect i do have adhesions!! Then the report goes on to say "the colonoscope could not be advanced past 80cm due to significant looping".......so i'm loopy i guess. Do ya think he was actually maybe at the end of my shorter bowel and just didn't know it since he's never done an Indiana Pouch before?
Off for the second opinion at Cleveland.
Will i ever learn to take my own advise?
:S Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne