CT scan

14 years 8 months ago #27133 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic CT scan
Glad to hear that he is doing well. I still remember mine from 35 years ago. I counted every floor tile and brick in the wall while walking and walking (hunched over the first day or so).

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27132 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic CT scan
Just to let you know that my son came home this morning! He is feeling much better - just finding it hard to walk too far! The surgeon has said he will be fit enough to go to Switzerland as planned with the Scouts in 2 weeks time. This means we get 10 days of peace!!!!

Betsy Mae

14 years 8 months ago #27110 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic CT scan
Hope by now your son is doing well recuperating from his appendectomy. Apparently rupture is more common in children and older people. I read that appendicitis is most common in those age 10-30, and more common in males than females.

Our son (age 30) also just had his appendix out (laparascopic, and appendix was not ruptured), but he unfortunately developed an infection and ended up spending a week in hospital. This was 2 weeks after he got married in Maine, and the day after a second reception held by his in-laws where they live (west of Chicago); we ended up spending 2 days in the hospital with him and his wonderful new wife -- heck of a way to start ones' married life! He joked that his appendix decided it didn't wan to be married, so jumped ship.

Hope all goes well for you with the rescheduled CT.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

14 years 8 months ago #27036 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic CT scan
Something like this never happens during the day it seems like. I hope the surgery went well and he will be on the mend soon. For what it's worth my 93 year old Mother had a ruptured appendix in 1956 and has done quite well since then. I hope you are getting some rest now. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

14 years 8 months ago #27032 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic CT scan
Thanks for your support. The surgeon has just been round. They want to operate in the next hour or two as they are worried it might be ruptured. Because of this they cannot risk doing it laporoscapaly. He will have a scar to match mine! (I had my appendix out many years ago).
A somewhat tired Betsy Mae

14 years 8 months ago #27029 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic CT scan
Sorry to hear that Anne. We just had a girl on the team have her appendix out. The surgery took 12 min total. Of course the 14 hours they made her wait before the surgery sucked. She had to stay in hospital 2 days. Hope he feels better soon.

Char

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne