What\'s happening with Pat ???

14 years 9 months ago #26899 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Pat,

Always an adventure! Glad you emerged from on the other side of this procedure. I think if there is an ileus then there wouldn't be the gas or anything else so it may be a good sign. May not feel like one, but it may be one.

Glad you posted. We were all waiting and watching to hear from you and were thinking of you throughout the day.

Best wishes for a very speeeeeeedy recovery from the procedure.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #26897 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Who said this is a piece of cake? Let me at em!
It started with Nurse Mildred Ratched not being able to find a vein and then blame me for moving my arm......WELLL YEAH i moved it..she stuck the stupid needle everywhere but the stupid vein. Don't you love it when they blame you for their inability! I knew right then Linda (Nurse Ratched) and i were not going to be best friends.
Then comes anesthesiologist smirk on face and i swear his nametag said "GOD"......could be wrong on that. He just looked at me and i guess thats all he needed to do to analyze my situation...why bother looking at a stupid chart that says i have a blocked right carotid, have had a DVT, and was having PVC's from all the stupid Gatoraid?
Went in to OR in fuzzy haze from versaid and talked non-stop about absolutely anything that happened to be on my mind....??? Have no idea what i said but i had a good audience...they were all laughing. (Except Linda)
Had a note stuck to my butt..."Remember no ilealcecal valve...short intestine...don't go there!"
Woke up twice apparently...only it wasn't me...and surprisingly it wasn't evil Pat either according to my sons...I just kept asking "What time is it" and i'd ask what was done and apparently was told but hey i went back to sleep again. By the third time i really woke up they didn't believe me and doc said only that I was pretty in pink but he took a few biopsies just to be sure but no polyps. He said i was right...its scar tissue at the juncture of the small intestine and large intestine but he would not elaborate further as he figured i was still in a drug haze so i get his take on it next week. Apparently going after scar tissue only produces more scar tissue?? Well thats comforting.
Had terrible pain at that juncture and still do and nobody told me about the GAS....big time GAS....and it doesn't just come with GAS.....I've already done a load of underwear. (sorry thats a bit graphic) Afraid to eat as everytime i drink something i cramp like crazy so my mind has already decided he created an ilieus with all that air they pump in you. Hoping tomorrow all pain and gas gone and i'm wrong .
And thats the end of my saga....except going to send flowers to Linda..never know when i might see her again!
Love you all for all your support and love and angels.
Pat

14 years 9 months ago #26894 by alsimons
Replied by alsimons on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Thanks Mike I have been on here all day waiting and my beauty sleep is suffering..............:blink:

14 years 9 months ago #26893 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
If anybody is in contact with Pat, please post an update so we know how she's doing.

Thanks!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 9 months ago #26883 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Pat, what can I say. Prep sucks :ohmy: :silly: but you are almost done. Chin up and know that we are all holding your hand.B)

Char:kiss:

14 years 9 months ago #26875 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
OK, just Skype us from the hospital bed, and we'll all be on call. The worst is definately over now.....there's an end to all that stored up "stuff". Look at it as stored up hostility that is gladly leaving your corporal form, and taking its rightful place in the sewers of America.

Your innards will be pink and healthy, and ready for their early morning photo op. Smile for the camera, and take a notebook and pencil in with you. Ask the nurse if you can write yourself a note while the procedure is going on....you might get a revelation from the drugs!

We're all waiting.....

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne