What\'s happening with Pat ???

14 years 8 months ago #26979 by Shari
Replied by Shari on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Pat,
If you decide on a doc at the Cleveland Clinic I am an hour away and would be happy to put you up for a night or two if you need a place to stay before and/or after your visit. I go back to Dr. Campbell tomorrow to see about my stoma closing.
Tammy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #26929 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Well Mayo is #1 in Gastro and Cleveland Clinic is #2...i'm calling both today to see if anyone in their faculty has dealt with scar tissue successfully after cystectomy or any other intestional surgery. It seems to want to grow back from what i've read. Now i found a place in Laguana Beach...thats close to my brother....that claims to be able to get rid of all that tissue with massage..Clear Passage Therapies...there are only 3 clinics in the US...might be a scam but i shall look into it further........www.clearpassage.com/science/medical-studies/index.php.
Yogart went through yesterday so i shall continue with that...and maybe get brave with a hard boiled egg? Baby steps:unsure:
Pat

14 years 8 months ago #26926 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
This takes colonoscopies to a whole new level. Geesh. So sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well and not able to eat. Hope that Dr. Gill surfaces for you. I know how connected we get to our surgeons - but have you thought of contacting someone closer to you - perhaps Dr. O'Donnell in Iowa?

Keep us posted Pat - we're here for you.

Gracie

14 years 8 months ago #26922 by lisaloo
Replied by lisaloo on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Pat
Tons of hugs to you after all the support you give its no longer this is a long thread.
I really hope your feeling better soon and its all sorted out.
Lisa xxxx

14 years 8 months ago #26917 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Pat ((((((Hugs)))))) tell Hal he can't hog all the attention. Here's hoping they find answers for you soon.

Char

14 years 8 months ago #26916 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic What\'s happening with Pat ???
Yeah i had one colonoscopy by Dr. Mengala about l0 yrs ago.....he thought it would be fun to do it before the drugs took effect. I swear he used a garden hose.....could be wrong it sure looked like one. I had no after effects except an intense fear of ever running into him again.
Yes with the Indiana..they use ascending colon and ileum......apparently the colon no matter where it is does not like to be messed with. My scar tissue was all the way to the ileum....how comforting. Apparently my gastro has a plan which he will magically reveal to me next week. And hopefully any scrapings he took will turn out to be healthy tissue. I had no other issues...other than i definately must buy him a new shirt. But think of the mileage he'll get out of it on the golf course....:blush:
Yes my surgeon rode off into the sunset right over the San Andreas fault which by the way is tremoring away and he's going to be very sorry he left me. He left my records in Cleveland but not to anyone in particular. Maybe it was not a happy parting of the ways. But if he thinks he's lost me he's wrong....he can't hide from me. Talked to his nurse today and i emailed her and she said she would be sure to put in on top of all his other papers to see. In the meantime i shall search out all the best gastro's in the world that have dealt with scar tissue in the intestine...gotta be someone out there right..
Stomach very mad at me right now..i fed it some yogart...we'll see if it goes through! Poor Hal is kind of lost..he's so used to getting all the attention.
Love you guys........sorry Cynthia...another long thread but i hardly ever get one of my own.....:S
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne